Thread: First year of a keeper league. Picks

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default First year of a keeper league. Picks

Hi guys. My league gives out a lot of points to goalies. And as you can see it's all about the wins, and shutouts. It's year 1 of a 3 year keeper league. Here are the points.
    Wins - 5 points
    Saves - 0.2 points
    Goals against -1
    Shutouts- 3 points.
    Needless to say when a goalie gets a shut out it's like 12-15 points! What goalies would you grab first? I was thinking Murray, and Talbot. But I'm worried whether Murray will play a full season. Holtby is in the mix but I'm not sure if Washington will get as many wins as Pens, or Edmonton.

Other category points: Goals-3 Assists-2, PIM-0.3, Hits-0.2, PP goals, and assists -1, SHG-2, SHA-1, Hat tricks-3

Thanks!

The Great One

Default Re: First year of a keeper league. Picks

Can't really go wrong with any of those guys. Things to consider: I'm not sold on Oilers D as far a big shutout number although Talbot will get a TON of starts and he has to get a few SOs. Plus the Pacific is easily the weakest in the NHL so that's good. You're concerns with Murray are valid as they are with Holtby. And both those guys play in the Metro which is going to be a dogfight this year.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Magnificent One

Default Re: First year of a keeper league. Picks

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Can't really go wrong with any of those guys. Things to consider: I'm not sold on Oilers D as far a big shutout number although Talbot will get a TON of starts and he has to get a few SOs. Plus the Pacific is easily the weakest in the NHL so that's good. You're concerns with Murray are valid as they are with Holtby. And both those guys play in the Metro which is going to be a dogfight this year.
    This is a good point re: Talbot. He'll pile on the wins, but shutouts may be rare and he could have his share of 5-4 wins, so goals against could be iffy. Basically, picture Talbot as circa 2010-2014 Marc-Andre Fleury.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/