Thread: Trading for Freddie

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Trading for Freddie

Hi all,

Appreciate your thoughts on this trade, for my league in signature.

Saad/Lundqvist for O'Reilly/Andersen

I feel like I have a very solid team and will compete for 1st. My goalies leave a bit to be desired, and suspect Andersen will outperform aging Lundy.
    Likely lose points and +/- ...

Thoughts?

Ohter deal on the table is Oshie/Andersen, but Im would give a waiver. Leaves me with 5 waivers to add/drop players, not counting injury replacements. We start with 6
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Trading for Freddie

I think ROR is not enough of a return. On paper he might seem like a fair guy to include, but my view is he's headed down a Kesler path, where he'll be on PP1 but be saddled with super tough assignments while Eichel runs wild. As a result, I think ROR has tasted his last season in the 60s and he's not a great multi-cat guy to begin with, at least in leagues without TOI or FOW.

Oshie is more enticing because of your league's goals focus, but losing a waiver claim would be a tough pill to swallow.

I might just stand pat if I was you.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/