Thread: Who do i take 2nd overall???

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Who do i take 2nd overall???

11 team league, $75mil cap. League uses salary instead of caphit. Keep 6 at the end of the season.
    Categories are G,A, PPG,PPA,SHG,+/- , Wins+2,SH +3. Need to have 12f, 6d, 2G, three bench.
    I have 2nd overall pick
    I just joined this pool and am taking over another team. My keepers are: 1)Tarasenko, 2)filip forsberg 3)sam reinhart 4)max domi 5)matthew tkachuk and 6)pekka rinne

Players im thinking of taking
    Clayton keller
    Leon draisaitl
    Guentzal
    Huberdeau
    Mcavoy
    Chabot
    Ovechkin
    Patty kane
    Jamie benn

Most of the guys above have been dropped so chances are the higher salary players will be sticking around. Who would u guys take 2nd overall and which of those players would you target going forward.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Who do i take 2nd overall???

based on your keepers being young still, I would pass on ovie and benn and maybe target Draisaitl, but I am admittedly a massive fan of his
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would take all these guys over Reinhart
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Deity

Have your keepers been finalized? With no hits or PIMs, Tkachucks value isn't nearly as high as many want it to be. If not, I wouldn't mind seeing who else you own as possible keeper options.

That being said, with what I see with who you are keeping, you aren't in it to win it in the next few years. You are keeping kids over proven talent so you might as well stick with the youth and hope it pans out. I'd probably go with Draisaitl as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks guys, the team I inherited was absolutely terrible, all the other players were definitely not worth keeping to be honest. I'm thinking of going draisaitl as well. I dropped pekka rinne today as their are some decent/cheaper goalie options out there. Since their are only 6 keepers their are some really good players out there i'm going to target and hopefully i'll be able to add some core pieces and be able to compete. Really hope i can get guentzal and huberdeau.

The Magnificent One

Draisaitl if you want to build, Kane if you think you can trade him during the season for a return that's better than Draisaitl
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash08 View Post
    Thanks guys, the team I inherited was absolutely terrible, all the other players were definitely not worth keeping to be honest. I'm thinking of going draisaitl as well. I dropped pekka rinne today as their are some decent/cheaper goalie options out there. Since their are only 6 keepers their are some really good players out there i'm going to target and hopefully i'll be able to add some core pieces and be able to compete. Really hope i can get guentzal and huberdeau.
    Why drop Rinne and who did you keep instead? Kind of leaves you without a tender going into the season but if it was for financial reasons I get it.

I'm with the consensus ... target Leon.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Draisaitl if you want to build, Kane if you think you can trade him during the season for a return that's better than Draisaitl
    I'd agree if salary didn't have anything to do with it but 13.8 against the cap is almost an untraceable asset

Dobber Sports Veteran

Guentzel or Keller for really cheap contracts
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd go with Draisaitl. He provides the most long term gain combined with the highest value.
    Creator of the NHL Rank King iPhone app.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    Why drop Rinne and who did you keep instead? Kind of leaves you without a tender going into the season but if it was for financial reasons I get it.

I'm with the consensus ... target Leon.
    If i drop him i can draft rask, thats what im thinking or if i keep rinne, i was going to go for darling and saros because he's apparently nashville's future goalie. Havn't decided whether to keep or drop him yet

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    I'd agree if salary didn't have anything to do with it but 13.8 against the cap is almost an untraceable asset
    I do agree, it'll be a hefty price to pay. His salary is at $9mil according to capfriendly and nhl numbers. I guess it comes down to longterm upside. Will leon out produce keller/guentzal also have to take the categories into account. I would guess leon has biggest upside. I think i can snag Keller 2nd rnd.