Thread: Draft done! How does it look?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Draft done! How does it look?

Hey everyone, was just hoping to get some feedback on how you think this draft stacks up for my league settings (in sig). From my impressions, RW is pretty weak and goaltending I'm slightly worried about with Darling... but hopefully he does well. C, LW, and D I'm pretty happy with I think. Other than that, there are some high risk/high reward guys like Letang and Kane. Also I probably acted too fast on Lindholm, but I was nearing the end of my turn and had no one, so I panicked. Note that the first 3 rounds in the list below were just keeper picks, so round 4 was where it actually started and I drafted 11th out of 12 to start.

Round. (Pick) Player Position

1. (2) Connor McDavid C
    2. (23) Jamie Benn LW
    3. (26) Sergei Bobrovsky G
    4. (47) Kris Letang D
    5. (50) Roman Josi D
    6. (71) Viktor Arvidsson LW,RW
    7. (74) Evander Kane LW
    8. (95) Scott Darling G
    9. (98) Nazem Kadri C
    10. (119) Colton Parayko D
    11. (122) Elias Lindholm C,RW
    12. (143) Ivan Provorov D
    13. (146) Mats Zuccarello RW
    14. (167) Adam Larsson D
    15. (170) Nathan MacKinnon C
    16. (191) David Perron LW,RW

Thanks!
    Yahoo - 12 Teams - H2H - Daily Starts
    2L, 2C, 2R, 4D, 2G, 4B, 1IR+
    G, A, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

L - Huberdeau, Giroux (C,R), Coleman (R)
    C - Bergeron, Larkin
    R - Wheeler (C), Hornqvist, White (C - Streamer)
    D - Letang, DeAngelo, Murphy, Slavin
    G - Rask/Halak, Shesterkin/Georgiev
    IR+ -

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Draft done! How does it look?

Here is a list of all of the teams, to help compare relative to the competition!

Capture1.PNG
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

C - Bergeron, Larkin
    IR+ -

Dobber Sports Genius

With the goalie stats being weighted so heavily that would be my only concern, besides that your team looks really well balanced
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It should be a good-to-great team.
    Your keepers are fabulous.
    I like the D-targeting in first two re-draft rounds, think that is smart, especially in shallower pools with HIT/BLK.
    There's some guys that I think you took too early... but sometimes you gotta go after the guys you want.

I'm not going to look over an entire league.
    If this were a straight-up new draft and GMs balanced with perfectly even level-ness, you'd have a top team, 1-3.
    Most partial keepers get a bit staggered with some having dynamic keepers.
    So, from experience of knowing 12-team partial keepers... I'd estimate you are in the 3rd-5th range of strongest teams after this draft.

Biggest mistake:
    As a daily start H2H league, with a transaction limit league (35), I think you NEEDED 3 goalies so that you could make choices about sits/starts.
    In H2H, you have to micro-manage goalie starts towards end of week. If you don't have options of sit/start, you are at the mercy of your opponent's decisions.
    All you can do is pray your goalies do their job. Your opponent essentially gets the "follow-up (more valuable) chess move" every night in each day of H2H match-up.
    If Darling shits the bed in GAA/SV%... you'll really be playing from behind quickly.

Had you drafted a solid 3rd goalie, with a non-conflicting schedule... I'd be more inclined to give you an A+ score.
    B+, still very good team.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    With the goalie stats being weighted so heavily that would be my only concern, besides that your team looks really well balanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    It should be a good-to-great team.
    Your keepers are fabulous.
    I like the D-targeting in first two re-draft rounds, think that is smart, especially in shallower pools with HIT/BLK.
    There's some guys that I think you took too early... but sometimes you gotta go after the guys you want.

I'm not going to look over an entire league.
    If this were a straight-up new draft and GMs balanced with perfectly even level-ness, you'd have a top team, 1-3.
    Most partial keepers get a bit staggered with some having dynamic keepers.
    So, from experience of knowing 12-team partial keepers... I'd estimate you are in the 3rd-5th range of strongest teams after this draft.

Biggest mistake:
    As a daily start H2H league, with a transaction limit league (35), I think you NEEDED 3 goalies so that you could make choices about sits/starts.
    In H2H, you have to micro-manage goalie starts towards end of week. If you don't have options of sit/start, you are at the mercy of your opponent's decisions.
    All you can do is pray your goalies do their job. Your opponent essentially gets the "follow-up (more valuable) chess move" every night in each day of H2H match-up.
    If Darling shits the bed in GAA/SV%... you'll really be playing from behind quickly.

Had you drafted a solid 3rd goalie, with a non-conflicting schedule... I'd be more inclined to give you an A+ score.
    B+, still very good team.
    Thanks for the good feedback! Yeah, as far as goalies were concerned, I think I just waited a bit too long to get my 2nd maybe, and then after that almost all starters were gone. Fleury was left over, and I was debating taking him later on but someone got to him right before I was going to grab him. All that's left now is guys who will likely split starts (at least to start), like Luongo/Reimer, Howard/Mrazek, and those type of guys. I figured I'd hold off for now and see what happens
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO

C - Bergeron, Larkin
    IR+ -

The Great One

Solid team. It will hinge on your goalies though, and sad to say I'm not nearly as high on Darling as most. Pen is right about 3 Gs in a H2H too.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/