Thread: Drouin for Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Drouin for Puljujarvi

Was offered a deal in my dynasty 14 team (25NHL, 35Minor) Salary cap.

G A PIM PPP SOG BLK HITS SHP plus goalie cats

I was offered:

Jonathan Drouin (6.5m)

For

Jesse Puljujarvi (925k)
    Elias Pettersson

I'm a Habs fan so I need some perspective from outside sources to look at the deal objectively! Lol
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Drouin for Puljujarvi

I wouldn’t do it. Puljujarvi could be outscoring Drouin as early as next season and you’re saving a ton of cap room. If you’re looking at this year only, I might, but if you’re in this long term I’d hold with what you have. Petterson will be something special in a few years himself.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cpedersen84 View Post
    I wouldn’t do it. Puljujarvi could be outscoring Drouin as early as next season and you’re saving a ton of cap room. If you’re looking at this year only, I might, but if you’re in this long term I’d hold with what you have. Petterson will be something special in a few years himself.
    this

Dobber Sports Sage

Alot of unknowns with both players. I'd do it in a one year league with no salary cap. I'd hold tight for now in a dynasty league and tell him you'd have another look at it at the end of this season. Things are just too murky with both these players right now and one side could end up completely robbed. You don't want to be on the wrong side of this trade and it's too unclear which is the wrong side because of so much untapped potential and who does or does not live up to it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I'm high on Drouin but I agree with the advice here given your set-up. Stand pat and see how things shake out.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Since you post $6.5m for Drouin, I'd assume this is "actual salary" pool, so worth noting that Drouin will be $5.5/$5.5/$4.5/$5.5/$5.5m for the five years after this one.
    I think he's going to be a 65-75pt player, long run. And I look to get 10pts per $1m from my fantasy assets in cap leagues, so he has a reasonable salary.

The problem here, IMO... is that you are being asked to give Puljujarvi AND Pettersson... and that seems a bit steep for me.
    In deep dynasties, Pettersson has excellent value - he's no "throw in" as the lack of his name in OP suggests.

IF Puljujarvi shows flashes of excellence in the next few years... he'll get PAID too. Don't forget that.
    Drouin is actually a great case scenario... I mean, look at the $8.5m that Draisaitl got.
    The fact that Drouin has come off a few disappointing seasons makes his salary - actually - affordable, going forward.

He's gonna be a good player at a good number in cap leagues.

I'd make the trade if it was straight-up: Drouin for Puljujarvi.
    But I'm not making this trade if you have to add Pettersson

If the two of you did want to work something out... the middle-ground is there, somewhere: Drouin vs. Puljujarvi+ (the + being something less than Pettersson, though)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So the other GM added Kapanen to the mix.. who I'm so so on.

So,

Drouin (6.5m) + Kapanen

For

Puljujarvi + Pettersson

I kinda feel like I should just stand pat, butbalso wouldn't want to pass up a good deal.
    14T dynasty
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Alot of unknowns with both players. I'd do it in a one year league with no salary cap. I'd hold tight for now in a dynasty league and tell him you'd have another look at it at the end of this season. Things are just too murky with both these players right now and one side could end up completely robbed. You don't want to be on the wrong side of this trade and it's too unclear which is the wrong side because of so much untapped potential and who does or does not live up to it.
    Couln't have said it better. I am also a habs fan and I am thrilled to have drouin, but he could get anything between 50-75 pts. i hope for the latter of course!
    14 Team Fantrax, G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, Hit, Blk, FO%, GWG+ShGWG, W, L, SV, SV%, SHO
    Max Total Players: 31
    Min Active Players: 0
    Max Active Players: 17
    Max Reserve Players: 4
    Max Injury Reserve Players: 3
    Max Minor League Players: 15

C- MacKinnon, Seguin (RW), Bergeron, Kuznetsov, Hayes
    LW- Gaudreau, A Lee, Domi (LW), Olofsson (RW)
    RW- P Kane, T Wilson, Dadonov (LW), M Tkachuk (LW)
    D- Hedman, Carlson, Doughty, Spurgeon, Girard

G-Vasilevskiy, Varlamov, Stalock

Farm:
    F Hallander, G Denisenko, J Kuokkanen, C Garland, S Noel, A Barre-Boulet, J Marino, C Delia, J Korenar, D Tarasov, U-P Luukkonen, A Werner, J Annunen