Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DYNASTY: DROUIN, HALL or MacKINNON?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default DYNASTY: DROUIN, HALL or MacKINNON?

Keep forever as a 2nd Rounder - Who do you like best?

DROUIN
    HALL
    MacKINNON

Position not important

G/A/PPP/SOG/PIM/+-

Thanks!

The Great One

Default Re: DYNASTY: DROUIN, HALL or MacKINNON?

Drouin
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Magnificent One

I'm not entirely sure any of them will ever pan out to 2nd round "value" but if you're asking me to choose one, I'd say MacKinnon. I'm covering him in cage match next week and - spoiler alert - am liking what I've seen thus far.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

I would 2nd McKinnon. He's got the most talent and highest pedigree in my opinion. He's so talented that he's got to break out eventually. And he's only 22.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Icon

That's a lot tougher choice that I expected it to be but I think I go with Mack here. I'm a believer and I think that the mess in Colorado get's resolved this year, one way or another. So even if you suffer a bit this year, Mack will finally arrive by 2018. Write that down.

Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Great One

My hesitation with Mackinnon is that he's on the Avalanche for the foreseeable future. That team is a complete clown show and does not appear to be managed in anything resembling a competent manner. How many years of his prime are going to be wasted on this farce of a team? Until that improves I'm not convinced his talent can overcome his situation....
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hall, Mack and then Drouin for me. All could be fairly close. All have had their knocks.

Montreal is a notoriously poor place for offensive stats. I don't see that changing yet and I'm not even sure Drouin is the top dog with Pack Man usually leading the charge.
    NJ is a notoriously poor place for offensive stats... but Hall is the Catalyst there and even with the blow of the trade, he seems to exhibit the highest ceiling for me.
    Columbus has been known to be good in past years, unfortunately Mack failed to build off of rookie season. Now... Colorado still appears to be in the best offensive position but Mack at his best, likely resembles Hall at HIS best and Drouin for me is still a slight step behind.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

70 Drouin
    66 Hall
    64 Mack

I keep seeing Seguin when I watch Drouin.
    This very dynamic player that simply took some time to finally get that new place (team) where he can thrive.
    And it works great in this list because Hall went 1, Seguin went 2... and I think many of us were very sure that was correct: Hall 1, Seguin 2... especially for those first 3 years.
    Then, everything flipped.

I think Mackinnon is a long-run center in the NHL.
    And while "Positions are not important", I think a good 60pt two-way NHL center is valued as high for real NHL-value as a 70-pt offense-only winger.
    So Mackinnon can (and will) still be a great NHL player without necessarily being the better fantasy asset here.

Montreal sounds like they'll test Drouin at C, but I think he'll remain at W long term and be a 70pt perennial player.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm gonna stick to Hall
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Genius

Drouin has the highest upside/reward at this point, in my opinion, so I'd go with him.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like Hall. He improved in his first four years, in that train wreck they call EDM. All the other #1 picks are now castoffs or afterthoughts, especially with Mcjesus there. Hall was jettisoned to NJ for a dman and now management is actually starting to put some pieces in place. I think the change to NJ was good for him as well, 9even though he would have made the ideal winger for the aforementioned McDavid). I am optimistic about Hall and Hirchier.

I agree that mackinnon real value will exceed his fantasy value, and Drouin, he still has that aura of a spoiled kid. I know he has talent, but how quickly did TB ship him off after a great playoffs? Wit until the honeymoon is over before evaluation Drouin.... just my gut feeling.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

with +/- as a stats and an even player evaluation you gotta go with the better team, Montreal is and will be for the next couple of years at least. so I'd go with Jo Drouin. COL and NJ will have alot of minus players.
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the replies...

Looks like the room is split.. which is why I am stuck on who to pick!

I usually use SOG as the tie breaker - Hall and MacKinnon seem pretty even there... I like MacKinnon the most, in my gut, I just think Colorado is a bad place.. as someone already said... And if he loses Duchene? I suppose Rantanen has room to grow...

Hall is older and I'm worried there isn't another gear - Meaning we've seen his peak - Which is still really good! But I'm looking for the best shot at a 70pt+ player (doesn't necessarily need to be this current season)

And then Drouin, who hasn't peaked, is the youngest and now has a new team, with (hopefully) the plum opportunity - Top line, PP, etc.. Dobber has his peak at 90pt... But as someone said, he has that spoiled kid feel to him...

hhrmmm

The Great One

There was a recent "forensics" I think on Mackinnon's reliance on Duchene. They did not play together aside from the PP. But the other part is if you lose Duchene the other team has fewer threats to worry about stopping. You've already pointed out why Hall is not the answer. The answer to your search is Drouin. Why would you need more than Dobbers 90+ upside?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The upside is based on scenarios if I'm not mistaken, things that need to happen. Surround Hall with some better talent, which NJ seems to be trending towards, and I think his upside is just as good.

Hall is the proven talent here who has produced consistently in less than favorable situations, I'm going with him.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko