Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How does my keeper group look? I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: How does my keeper group look? I'll Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Oh yeah absolutely, I agree with regarding hall/Drouin, and the wheeler part. But you think wheeler @4 Monahan @2 is the right play at this point eh? How do you see Wheeler's point totals looking for the next few years, I mean I don't see him dropping off a cliff. He was a late bloomer, plus he's got speed and is durable. The only issue in my league is guys underappreciate wheeler. If he happens to be available in the draft, guys will happily take him, but people don't view him the same way they view other stars I don't think. I mean he's a common rental candidate, but I've never seen him signed to a long contract. Doesn't mean it doesn't make sense for me to, because given my keepers I think he can balance them out nicely.
    I don't think it would be crazy to try and trade him after 18/19 with 2 years remaining on deal and before he turns 33. His bday is in August, so he's 31 and would be 34 going into last year of contract.

The Great One

Seems like you have your answer...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Seems like you have your answer...
    True, didn't think of keeping wheeler for 4 before but may just be what I do. Hall is ranked in the 40s by dobber. Who do you see as comparable guys, value wise for the next 2-3 years? I mean I feel like Hall has so much more to give, especially as jersey improves.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

The Great One

Trust Dobber's numbers. Hall does not have that much more to give. Jersey is improving but is not currently nor foreseeably in the same league as Winnipeg as far as talent of the forward corps. People want so bad for Hall to catch on fire because he's a former number one but I think we've seen he's not taking a team on his back which is what would need to happen in NJ. Who's Hall's center this year and next? Zacha? Henrique? Maybe Zajac when he's back? Or would you rather your fantasy winger play with Scheifle or Little? Seems pretty clear to me.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Trust Dobber's numbers. Hall does not have that much more to give. Jersey is improving but is not currently nor foreseeably in the same league as Winnipeg as far as talent of the forward corps. People want so bad for Hall to catch on fire because he's a former number one but I think we've seen he's not taking a team on his back which is what would need to happen in NJ. Who's Hall's center this year and next? Zacha? Henrique? Maybe Zajac when he's back? Or would you rather your fantasy winger play with Scheifle or Little? Seems pretty clear to me.
    I understand your points, but i'm not deciding between Hall and Wheeler anyways. Hall is already locked into a contract, I was just talking ideal length, and I mentioned I would maybe move him if it meant I could free up a 2 yr slot for Wheeler/I got a good return, but I just don't think I'll get the return I should for Hall, so i'm not going to move him over RyJo, who I feel he's better then. And right now, Hall is play with MoJo, and in the future I can see him playing with Hischier, so that to me is better than Henrique, Zacha or Zajac. I just hear a lot of mixed opinions on Hall, a lot of people are really down on him though.

I don't think my team is better with Kuzy, RyJo, Monahan, Wheeler than it would be if Hall was on team vs RyJo, largely based on ceiling, and also Hall will get more goals which is worth more in my league. I realize RyJo is ranked higher on Dobber's list, but I still think Hall is the better player at this point. In down years, he had 65 and then was on pace for 60 in first yr in Jersey. RyJo is hovering in that low 60's range, with declining goal totals. I decided to hang onto Monahan over RyJo as well because of goals. That, and i would't feel bad for say moving ryjo for the 1st pick in the 7th round (Galy just got moved for the same), albeit i know he's better than Galy, but it's just the market, and I either trade him and get what I can to help with draft, or keep him and lose Wheeler for nothing. I want the better player, and I'll deal with my other keepers moving forward.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

The Great One

You're over thinking things in my opinion. You've got two threads going on this same subject and I keep getting a little lost in the myriad permutations. You know what you need to do. Too much dithering always results in a person ending up with less than they started with. Keep Hall on his 2 for sure. Sign Wheeler for 4 and be done with it. You can thank me at the end of the season.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

You're over thinking things in my opinion. You've got two threads going on this same subject and I keep getting a little lost in the myriad permutations. You know what you need to do. Too much dithering always results in a person ending up with less than they started with. Keep Hall on his 2 for sure. Sign Wheeler for 4 and be done with it. You can thank me at the end of the season.
    The threads were different, I guess there was overlap but they still covered different topics. I'm still thinking conservative approach may be best: Kuzy (3), Monahan/Hall (2) and Wheeler (1). I love Wheeler, but just worry about years 3 and 4. If he stays as a 70+ guy at 33-34, then I guess i'm an idiot lol. I just want to have flexibility in regards to making moves, and if I decide to move Wheeler, I worry it'll be tough given the contract, like trying to move a guy that's locked in for awhile, even if I do it after 1-2 years and he has 2-3 remaining. Because other teams want flexibility too, so always have to take that into consideration. It really just comes down to what guys need when/if I decide to move him. If i do the 1, I can try to move him after the season, or just drop him and re-draft him, I just hate to drop a guy like Wheeler (as you could tell this year). Since he was a rental for me last year, I was able to sign him to a contract for this year if I could make room. I realize some risk is okay, just not sure I'm willing to do that with a 4 yr slot. Will see what happens between now and keeper deadline (Sun), like whether I can have him anywhere other than 1 or 4, but would need to make a move first, and if not i'll stand pat and just go 1 likely, but if I change my mind 4.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax