Thread: NFL Survivor Week 3 Picks - Who you got?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default NFL Survivor Week 3 Picks - Who you got?

I went against the Jets in week 1 and 2 with Buffalo and Oakland. This week the Jets face the Dolphins, not so sure I want to take that risk.

I may go with Pittsburgh against the offensively depleted Bears, but who do you guys have and which middle of the pack team would you take a chance on this week?

Thanks!
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: NFL Survivor Week 3 Picks - Who you got?

There's not really any middle of the pack teams I feel confident in this week.

Lets look at the target bottom teams:

Cleveland - they play against Indy... I do not feel confident enough in Indy to pick them without Luck.
    Jets - play against Miami, like you said their is risk and it is a division game and Miami is the road team.
    49ers - Play against the Rams, Rams are on the road... and not sure I am confident in the rams either.

I might go with Denver this week... they play against the Bills, who do not have much of a pass game and Denver just shut down Elliot, so McCoy could be shut down as well.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like your point about Denver, they obliterated Elliot, that could make for a sneaky pick this week.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Denver is a good pick....but I prefer home teams especially this early....so again I'm taking the favorite in New England. Lot of tougher matchups ahead as well so it makes sense here.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm going for a bit of a dice roll. We'll see how it goes
    As you guys said, it's a tough week this week.

Both of my picks thus far have eeked out wins, so really I don't even know if I should still be in. Anything more at this point is gravy.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)