Thread: How Many Games Until Backstrom/Ovi Unite

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default How Many Games Until Backstrom/Ovi Unite

Word on street is they'll be split by Trotz to start the season even strength and Nick will line up with Oshie/Bura.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: How Many Games Until Backstrom/Ovi Unite

Three.

But seriously... we've been down this street before.
    If history repeats itself, then the answer, indirectly, is... (drumroll)... November 16th.

The Great One

Maybe 1, maybe 82. No one really knows. Just remember that pretty much every season there is a stretch where the two are separated; however, the almost always end up back together. Also, there are no indications this will affect the PP. In other words, don't panic yet - the preseason is for tinkering.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

cannot rep either, for sure no panic here Backstrom great in his own right. Whenever I hear of a split I wonder what others think, I lived in DC area 3 years and it was hilarious to hear Caps fans out on the town just like here we go again f*ck me!
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I believe Ovie will spend the majority of his even strength ice time not with Backstrom this season.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I believe Ovie will spend the majority of his even strength ice time not with Backstrom this season.
    It's possible. We know that Washington likes to tinker. A few years ago it was less offensive focus under Dale Hunter. Last year it was limiting minutes of stars to combat fatigue. Those things haven't worked, so maybe this is the season where Ovi and Backstrom truly do play apart more than not. If so, I think it would help Kuz more than it would hurt Backstrom, and the effect on Ovi would be minimal.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sadly, very few lines stay intact for any length of time anymore. OV and Backstrom will see each other on the PP enough, the way the pre-season is cracking down! Power plays like mad. Let's keep this rolling because how exciting is power play after power play. At least the players can blame the refs for enforcing the rules. Yeah, the refs caused you to take your stick and whack the opposing player on the hands. Yeah.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket