Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nick schmaltz vs jakub vrana

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Nick schmaltz vs jakub vrana

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Yes, Vrana predictions are certainly too low if he does get a top six spot.
    Player projections can be hard - and sometimes when people do them across-the-board, as people do... they are thinking "individually" instead of "globally".

With all the departures in WAS, there's a lot of extra forward spots & minutes... and STILL the high-end talent.
    ***I don't think Yahoo/Fantrax/TSN really think too hard about where Vrana would have oppportunity - that's why Dobber's numbers are often higher/better for prospects - more thought towards opp.***

Vrana, IMO, is in a situation akin to what Sheary & Guentzel have gotten in PIT - a chance to play with a dynamic center... and maybe some PP2 time.
    We should treat Vrana similarly, I think, as people have treated Sheary & Guentzel.
    Vrana IS a former 13th overall pick of 2014.
    Those 10-20th picks often hit their gear in Year 4 or Year 5 after pick.
    And just look at his last two AHL seasons... I mean, he's ready & proven as a professional.
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=161382
    One thing that concerns me is that Vrana took a step back last year in the AHL. His PPG was significantly lower and he got 0 points in 7 games in the playoffs. I like to see an improvement or at least no step back.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Schmaltz probably gets more (and better) PP time. Vrana probably barely touches the puck with the PP time he gets in Washington. Schmaltz has less competition for PP time. And the way penalties are being called, that could be the difference.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Wizard

Another thing about Schmaltz hidden in the stats is that he scored 21 points in his last 28 games after getting called up and playing with Toews and Panik on the top line so he's shown, albeit for a quarter of a season, that he can produce at a 62-point pace over a full season.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i like both to be in 40-50 zone this year...if you plan to keep whoever you go with i would go with Vrana, i think he got higher ceiling but Schmaltz will get better opportunity faster

Dobber Sports Sage

Schmaltz showed great chemistry with Kane on Thursday against Detroit. Plus, he won 7 of 9 FOs. Granted, it was against Detroit's B-team. Debrincat looked good too.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov