Thread: Trade help-- Odell's value in a keeper

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Trade help-- Odell's value in a keeper

I have an opportunity to add Odell Beckham in a 12-team keep-3 league. The offer is:

I get Odell, Kelvin Benjamin, Fleener
    I give AJ Green, Ajayi, Ertz

my thoughts: the reason behind the trade is to get Odell and forfeit my 1st round pick every single season for him. This is an ESPN ppr league with bonus points for big scoring plays (40+ yds) so guys like Odell put up monster points.

Due to his age and QB I would never keep AJ Green, so no concern there. But I drafted Ajayi in round 2 and would potentially keep him IF he shows that he's a top-5 back. That said, I don't think ourscoring settings favor him.

My other RBs are weak, but packed with upside. Riddick, Mixon, Carson, Cohen. So each week I would need to spot-start two of them, and ideally hope that by season's end one of them is worthy of keeping. Carson/Cohen were FA adds so they'd be kept as a 10th round pick. I took Mixon in the 4th round.

I also have Demaryius Thomas and Martavis Bryant, so after the deal I'll have 4 weekly startable WRs. So I'd probably hope to flip Kelvin for an RB assuming he is able to blow up with Olsen hurt.

Thoughts??

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Trade help-- Odell's value in a keeper

I don't do this. Green and OBJ are same level. Your RBs have upside but you take a major hit losing Ajayi.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I also wouldn't do it.

The loss of Ajayi is pretty devastating to your roster, and not nearly worth whatever upgrade you perceive from Green to OBJ.
    And I'm not really a Benjamin guy, so I don't think he does much to offset that (and with the severe pinch on the RB position this year, I really question what kind of replacement RB you'd be able to get by dealing KB).
    I'd also much rather have Ertz than Fleener.

Overall, this deal just isn't close to a buy low for any of the guys you're acquiring. You appear to be selling low on the players you're dealing, and paying full price (and then some) for the players you'd be bringing in.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I have an opportunity to add Odell Beckham in a 12-team keep-3 league. The offer is:

I get Odell, Kelvin Benjamin, Fleener
    I give AJ Green, Ajayi, Ertz

my thoughts: the reason behind the trade is to get Odell and forfeit my 1st round pick every single season for him. This is an ESPN ppr league with bonus points for big scoring plays (40+ yds) so guys like Odell put up monster points.

Due to his age and QB I would never keep AJ Green, so no concern there. But I drafted Ajayi in round 2 and would potentially keep him IF he shows that he's a top-5 back. That said, I don't think ourscoring settings favor him.

My other RBs are weak, but packed with upside. Riddick, Mixon, Carson, Cohen. So each week I would need to spot-start two of them, and ideally hope that by season's end one of them is worthy of keeping. Carson/Cohen were FA adds so they'd be kept as a 10th round pick. I took Mixon in the 4th round.

I also have Demaryius Thomas and Martavis Bryant, so after the deal I'll have 4 weekly startable WRs. So I'd probably hope to flip Kelvin for an RB assuming he is able to blow up with Olsen hurt.

Thoughts??

I really don't mind selling low on a guy like Green this year because the Bengals are a dumpster fire. Garbage oline, new o-coordinator and Andy Dalton looks lost. I wouldn't do the deal only because adding Ajayi and a 1st is too rich for my blood