Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 49 slashing minors in 8 games last night.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default 49 slashing minors in 8 games last night.

I hope this continues through out the entire season, but we all know it wont.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...s-a-good-thing

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: 49 slashing minors in 8 games last night.

Yay Yay Power Play!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yay Yay Power Play!!
    The players decide how many.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

it was my first glimpse at a few under the radar isles d-men so I bit the bullet and stuck with it .

on the bright side , the pk / pp get a good workout and deangelo proved to be counted on to turtle when called to the mat .

Dobber Sports Icon

By the trade deadline it'll be a quarter of the calls being made, by the playoffs the hands will be back in casts.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

The Great One

Same as faceoff infractions - they get called now, less in the regular season, and by the time the playoffs roll around the whistles will be nearly nowhere to be found
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The players decide how many.
    Definitely, but I like how they blame the refs. Stupid refs made them break the rules. Remember all those interference penalties after the lockout? Yeah, that was the refs fault for calling all those penalties. The refs were ruining the game I would from many players!

I like all the penalties, especially if you know, they are actually penalties. Call the game. Consistently and through the most important games. How many sports/leagues have a different standard for the regular season and another for the playoffs? (this was a rhetorical question, please don't actually answer this. Thank you)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

I thought it was too many and changed the way the teams played (for example, Winnipeg's Kyle Connor had his ice time limited by penalty kills). However, the players will adjust, and the numbers will go down.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm actually glad they're trying to do something about the slashing issue. It's been out of control, so good job league. Players will adjust and you know, start slashing less when they know they'll get penalties for that. Slashing hurts the most talented players the most because they're the ones having the puck on their sticks most of the time, and I don't like to see the Connor McDavids of the world being out injured because of broken finger / wrist or whatever.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I'm actually glad they're trying to do something about the slashing issue. It's been out of control, so good job league. Players will adjust and you know, start slashing less when they know they'll get penalties for that. Slashing hurts the most talented players the most because they're the ones having the puck on their sticks most of the time, and I don't like to see the Connor McDavids of the world being out injured because of broken finger / wrist or whatever.
    I agree. Watching these players hack away at other players hands/wrists in an attempt to make them lose the puck is brutal. I have no issues with this penalty what so ever.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Yup, and call like crazy now and let them adjust before the actual games begin.
    But they'll need to keep consistent (which is the big question).
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Titan

In the gloves should be an auto penalty. The ones on the stick....those are tough to call because during a scrum all that happens.

As long as they're consistent I don't really care about this, players will adjust, and this means less broken hands/fingers for guys like Gaudreau.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree with this. First let's remember its pre-season. I want the refs to call a lot of slashes in pre-season to get the players out of the slashing habit. By the time the regular season starts the number of slashes committed will be down, and the refs will start to let some slide so that a happy spot is reached.

All of the faceoff violation minors I'm having a hard time with but that's because I'm opposed to it being a minor penalty for the 1st infraction...
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yep, definitely in agreement.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Good, keep calling them and never stop.