Thread: Tier These D-Men

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Tier These D-Men

Based on the league scoring in my sig, please tier these D-men who are available in my upcoming draft. One of these guys may replace my Letang at the end of the season, so tiers with respect to their likely future performance would be best if possible!

Byfuglien*
    Klingberg
    Doughty
    Hamilton
    Werenski
    Faulk
    Ekblad
    Subban
    Carlson

*Clear #1 option (to me at least) for the upcoming season, but high possibility that Buff gets redrafted by his former GM at #2 overall, I'm at #7; it's a 10 team league. He's technically available, so that's why I listed him even though I shouldn't get a sniff at him if any of the 6 people ahead of me know what they're doing.

Thanks!
    10-team keeper, H2H points. Keep 5 (previous season's in bold), one must be D or G.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 2G, 4BN, IR, IR+
    G(2), A(2), +/-(0.5), PPP(1), SHP(1), GWG(1), SOG(0.25), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SHO(3).

C: Seguin ​(RW), Nuge, Riley Nash (RW), Trocheck
    LW: Ehlers, Lee, Guentzel (C), Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak, Kucherov, Palmieri,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Vatanen, Ellis,
    G: Talbot​, Bishop, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Default Re: Tier These D-Men

Tier 1 is Buff and Hamilton. Hamilton is a SOG monster already, and should only get better in that area and on the PP as his role grows.

Tier 1.5 is Subban, who's too good for tier 2, but not quite in the Tier 1 category

Tier 2 is Klingberg, Doughty, and Carlson (the latter two because of across the board production)

Tier 3 is Faulk and Ekblad

Werenski is a tough one, since it depends so heavily on whether he's a sophomore slump risk. I think he is, and personally would put him in Tier 3. But I can see others disagreeing.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Tier These D-Men

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Tier 1 is Buff and Hamilton. Hamilton is a SOG monster already, and should only get better in that area and on the PP as his role grows.

Tier 1.5 is Subban, who's too good for tier 2, but not quite in the Tier 1 category

Tier 2 is Klingberg, Doughty, and Carlson (the latter two because of across the board production)

Tier 3 is Faulk and Ekblad

Werenski is a tough one, since it depends so heavily on whether he's a sophomore slump risk. I think he is, and personally would put him in Tier 3. But I can see others disagreeing.
    That's about where I have them too, just want to see who agrees with me. I had Hamilton last year and would be delighted to get him back, I'm hoping that the perceived name value of Subban, Doughty etc. mean he slips to my 2nd round pick at #14 (I'm aiming for a goalie at #7). Hopefully he gets another couple of extra minutes TOI this year. Wouldn't pass on Klingberg either since I already have Seguin, and Doughty's about as consistent as they come.

I too think Werenski should take a little bit of a step back this season. Owned him last season, delighted with how he turned out as an early FA pickup, but he slowed down pretty hard towards the end if I remember correctly as CBJ stopped being able to ride their luck and their PP.
    Last edited by DrunkenScotsman; September 19, 2017 at 5:03 PM. Reason: Added quote
    10-team keeper, H2H points. Keep 5 (previous season's in bold), one must be D or G.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 2G, 4BN, IR, IR+
    G(2), A(2), +/-(0.5), PPP(1), SHP(1), GWG(1), SOG(0.25), HIT(0.25), BLK(0.25), W(3), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SHO(3).

C: Seguin ​(RW), Nuge, Riley Nash (RW), Trocheck
    LW: Ehlers, Lee, Guentzel (C), Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak, Kucherov, Palmieri,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Vatanen, Ellis,
    G: Talbot​, Bishop, Hellebuyck