Thread: Rank the young guns: Huberdeau vs Granlund vs Kuznetsov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rank the young guns: Huberdeau vs Granlund vs Kuznetsov

H2H keeper, with following cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW Start 3 C/RW/LW, 4D, 2 UTIL

How do you rank these 3 young stars?

The Great One

Default Re: Rank the young guns: Huberdeau vs Granlund vs Kuznetsov

Granlund went from over 1000 faceoffs to nearly none, although he might get more if/when Staal moves on. I like Huberdeau a lot, and have him a notch above Kuznetsov for the next few seasons. Washington signed Kuz to do well, but really to be "the guy" in about 3 years. I think we saw Granlund's best last season and he'll be at most a 60-65 point played going forward.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Rank the young guns: Huberdeau vs Granlund vs Kuznetsov

Kuznetsov frustrated me last year. Couldn't score a goal until the second half of the season. If you include the last half of 2015-16 and the first part of 16-17 he went like 70 games or something with only 4-5 goals. But, he is crazy skilled and woke up the last part of the season after I traded him for Bo Horvat. This year in my re-draft nobody would touch him so I picked him up in a late round. Same for Kopitar. Nobody would touch him. Anyway. I find this pretty tough to call but I take Kuz still since it appears in your league c/lw/rw all the same. Granlund would be my second choice. Doubt he improves on last year but he prove himself and there is a chance for bonus face off wins at some point. Huberdeau has smaller sample size to draw from. Injury risk? I am newb so don't put too much into my take. good luck.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson