Thread: Need help with a trade

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need help with a trade

For league in sig, I approached a gm loaded in prospects to know if he was interested in O'Reilly for a young players( i want to clear some cap space). I asked about Puljujarvi and he came back with an offer

O'Reilly, Josi vs Rielly, Puljujarvi

What do you think of that offer? I am not fully convinced of what Rielly can bring in the next two years...

I was thinking of a counter like...
    O'Reilly, Josi, DeAngelo vs Puljujarvi, Jones, Theodore

Should i send this?
    this is his team
    Benn, Kane, Eichel, Marner, Nylander, Erkisson Ek, Bergeron, Lucic, Puljujarvi, Boeser, Kopitar, Nyquist, D. Strome, Tkatchuk
    Jones, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot, Honka, Sergachev, Montour

What would you do? Thanks!

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Need help with a trade

The first offer is ridiculous, the second is more reasonable but still not fair in my book.

I'd offer ROR (will be hurt by Eichel's emergence - think Kesler or Dubinsky) and Parayko (will be good eventually, but Pietrangelo will be "the guy" for the foreseeable future) for Puljujavi, Jones, and Boeser. You can also keep DeAngelo as part of the deal (I think he'll be lousy) and try to get Chabot coming back - making it a 3 for 4 deal.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/