Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Re-signed] Mikko Koivu

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/stat...31918698967040

#mnwild captain Mikko Koivu signs two-year, $11 million extension. STORY>>>
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Default Re: [Re-signed] Mikko Koivu

I like it. It's a good amount for what he brings to the table plus it's a short enough deal to not kill the Wild down the road.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Koivu at 5.5 million over two years is reasonable, respectable of what he has brought to the organization and will allow the young guys to mature at a decent pace before having to fill his shoes.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, took a pay cut to stay with the team. I like it for both sides. Mikko gets to finish his career in Minny and Minny keeps its captain around to lead the youth for a couple more seasons.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

There was a split second where I thought that it was 11M per season. 11M over 2 seasons isn't bad.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Very good contract for Minny. Too bad they are stuck with Parise for the next 8 years lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Very good contract for Minny. Too bad they are stuck with Parise for the next 8 years lol
    This contract caught me off guard. I can get behind this for the Wild. Yup. I like it.

*Parise is not that far from a trip to Robidas Island. That back is not going to hold out for 8 years. Not even close.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

You'd take it from both sides...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Do not like it for fantasy - he's never going to sniff 50 points again. Mark it down. Those who bought the guide saw what I wrote about him in my piece.

In real life, not terrible, especially the term.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

I said in the Foigno thread that I don't see them letting Koivu walk, so this is not a surprise.

If they can re-sign Zucker and Dumba for about $4M each, that leaves them with about $3.6M to fill 4 spots, so they should be fine next season as well. The Vanek buyout coming off the books really helps them next summer. And the cap might even go up a bit, so that will give them some breathing room.

And the following summer, Ennis and Staal are UFA, so they won't be hurt by the final season of Koivu's contract either even if he's only their #3C by that time.