Thread: Shipachyov value

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Shipachyov value

I'm in a 20 team, deep league with full keepers. I'm in a full rebuild so I would want to deal shipachyov. What would be realistic return for him?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Shipachyov value

First off, what are your categories?
    Secondly, are you starting to turn your rebuild around, or do you have in mind that you're just going to sell him for picks?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Categories are G, A, Pts, hits, ppp, shp.
    I would prefer prospects from past couple of years over picks at this point.

The Great One

Too broad a question IMO - truth is with him is whatever someone will pay as there is no bench mark... You need someone who believes the hype to extract full value and that is hard to gauge right now
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Too broad a question IMO - truth is with him is whatever someone will pay as there is no bench mark... You need someone who believes the hype to extract full value and that is hard to gauge right now
    Broad for sure. I just can't believe the differences across my different leagues. Some people view being on an expansion team as a terrible thing. Personally, I think it's great that he will have top minutes at 5on5 and on the PP. Just wondering if he's getting much value in other leagues.

The Great One

With unknown guys on expansion teams, their value could spike or plummet quickly. Be prepared to sell high or buy low.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ledrew View Post
    Categories are G, A, Pts, hits, ppp, shp.
    I would prefer prospects from past couple of years over picks at this point.
    For what it's worth, I'm in multiple multi-cat H2H dynasty cap-leagues with the same setup and he's been going between 10-12 overall in the amateur drafts (basically made up of 2017 draftees and the odd older player).

Dobber Sports Wizard

First I'd try getting Keller or D.Strome with him. If that doesn't work, I'd try getting someone like Glass or Suzuki instead. Or maybe a guy like Sam Steel if he's easier to acquire. Shipachyov should have that kind of value IMO.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think that a sell high at this point would be grabbing promising young forwards : Keller, Strome (upside), Aho, Reinhart (current production + future upside) are all potential good returns imo. Fabbri, Larkin and that kind of prospect I would find insufficient.

Trying to provide guidelines, just my grain of salt
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith