Thread: Quick Help - Trouba, Parayko, Provorov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Quick Help - Trouba, Parayko, Provorov

League skater categories - G, A, +/-, PIM, Hits, Blocks. I am keeping Burns and Hedman already. Two questions really -

1. Help me pick 2 of these 3 - Trouba, Parayko, Provorov
    2. Are any of Guentzel, Bennett, Mantha more valuable than the two d-men I choose above.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

The Great One

Default Re: Quick Help - Trouba, Parayko, Provorov

With those categories, Trouba for sure. And believe it or not, given all the anti-Geuntzel advice I spew on here, I think he's your best bet for a second retention - more so any either of your D, who are both redrafts.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Assuming I find a way to keep Guentzel, who is the next d-man after Trouba. Part of me would love to keep all 5 d-men and just draft forwards early in the draft as my 5 d starters would be set.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

The Great One

Parayko and Provoroc are not good retention value - I have them both at barely 35 points in my view
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

But do they have the name value to keep and trade? Also probably worth mentioning not points only
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

Keep Guentzel and pick up Parayko. I have Parayko primed for a break out year. (Most points and most blocked as well as hits out of the 3D listed)

Though stats values wise will likely end up finishing
    Parayko, Trouba then Provorov this season.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Trouba & Provorov are both must keeps in a 9F/5D hit/blk keeper.

Parayko is a solid player, but I truly believe he "looks" better and has better real-NHL value than he does as a fantasy player.
    We still oggle too much about Parayko because he sort of came out of nowhere and exploded at a start of a season.
    (and since this has also happened with Ghost & Klingberg, its likely we have this Pavlovian trait to over-value these guys going forward.)

Parayko is a very solid player, but he's not a D1... not on his team - and I'm not even sold on STL as a rising team.

And lets pleeeeeeeease look at Parayko's peripheral numbers.
    He had a 80/110 hit/blk split last year, which is well below BOTH the hit/blk numbers of Trouba & Provorov.
    I still feel like people think of Parayko as this overly gritty beast... and he's a much more cerebral on-ice player than his appearance suggests. (Lidstrom like, with non-statistical value)
    Trouba & Provorov just throw their body around and block shots way more... WAY more.

Long-term, both Trouba & Provorov could also potentially be PP1 on their teams.
    Both are slated for ES1 time, for sure (IMO), on their teams.

Pietrangelo & Parayko are both large RH defensemen.
    They'll likely NOT spend much time on a pairing together, whether ES or PP.
    AP is also a much slicker passer - and I think he'll get Lion's share of PP1 time for STL because of that.
    And while Joel Edmunson may have gotten some token points in playoffs last year... he's just not a great-quality pairing partner for Parayko.

Ultimately, WPG and PHI are two teams really charging in the right direction (granted by luck of lottery gifts).
    This is also a major consideration in +/- pools - people tend to poo-poo +/-, call it random, but a D1 on an elite team is going to be a major PLUS guy... and you WANT that.
    And these are the two better Hit/Blk players, by far, among the three.
    And both are candidates for future D1 on their team.

Parayko simply doesn't have any of these things in his favour... it sort of stupifies me that he might be consider as best pick here.
    [As an example, people went ga-ga after his +28 season and he's come back to earth.]