Thread: Shea Theodore

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Shea Theodore

Hey all. Faced with three keepers. Debating on holding a Defenceman. Eligible would be Dumba at 15th, Fowler at 9th or Theodore at 18th. Now you can only keep these guys for the upcoming season. What are your projections for Theodore this year for point totals? Also, are you as scared for his plus minus as I am? Who would you pick and a few cliff notes on why if you feel like chiming in.

Thanks in advance!

The Great One

Default Re: Shea Theodore

I like Dumba of the three, because Theodore is on a team that will have growing pains and it's not clear he can be "the guy" and Fowler is solid, but Dumba six rounds later is a better value.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

That was my initial thoughts about it as well. I think Dumbas solid and only getting better and the 6 round difference is pretty significant too. Theodore is a stud, but I don't want to see a -35 on my roster this year after having Severson's painful stint last season. I'm scarred...

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm very curious to watch theodore this year as he probably gets alot of PP1. If you count plus minus he's probably going to get hammered... I'd rather fowler at fair value.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

There is a premium for Fowler but depending on what generally goes in those rounds I could be tempted to take him...

Theodore has me in the lets see what he does on that team camp before I get burned for him... Could be a 35-40 point d man but what happens to his +/- etc that could hurt his overall value...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Fowler is at a good round for what normally goes on in our draft around then. Dumba I see as very similar to Fowler, but Dumba gets more hits and Fowler gets more shots. Dumba also gets more pims. Theodore will produce I'm sure but the +- is gonna be bad. Not sure I should be keeping any of these guys above Arvidsson, Radulov or Saad TBH but, I do carry 7 D in my league so I keep going back and forth.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yes, I expect +/- to be bad. He was -8 last year playing for a good team. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up -30 in Vegas. In +/- roto leagues, he is very risky.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah can't pass up guaranteed talent for a situation like that

Dobber Sports Ace

Dumba at 15th would be my pick. Good 30-35pt D with a plus rating to compensate for your minus guys alittle)
    And Hopefully you pick up a better player in 9th. Set it and forget it as a filler D.

Fowler is a pretty solid pick too. But ANA always seem to have slow starts and finish strong so be ready for that.
    You will likely be looking at 5-8pts difference so if he's not a keep eligible for you then I can't really justify picking him over Dumba unless you have absolute crap to choose from with your 9th.

I think Theodore will have a crack at top pairing with Vegas but that means he'll be facing top lines too... so the minus might even set you further back.
    And knowing that... hard to pick him up.

Good luck
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W: