Thread: Rookie Draft of 2016 Class - Who to take at 3?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Rookie Draft of 2016 Class - Who to take at 3?

H2H league: G, A, STP, SOG, +/-, PIM

We draft our rookies one year after their draft class. That means that this year's draft will feature the 2016 class.

I have the third overall pick. Matthews and Laine will obviously go in the first two picks.

This is a full-keep dynasty league, and we can keep guys on our farm until they have surpassed 82 games, so I am more interested in their potential than just this one season.

Who would you take at 3?

In no order, my thoughts:

- Tkachuk: Multi-category beast.
    - Keller: People seem to be the most high on him right now. Can he carry the offensive load and reach elite levels?
    - Puljujarvi: If he rides shotgun to McDavid, does that suddenly give him the highest offensive ceiling?
    - McAvoy: Stud D are very valuable and hard to acquire. This could be my chance; but at the risk of missing out on one of the above guys. Worth it?

Thank you for your insights. Will rep as possible.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Rookie Draft of 2016 Class - Who to take at 3?

Tkachuk. He has a high floor and with his PIM production you'll get something none of the other three bring. Also, he's shown he can play in the NHL. Keller is super hyped right now and he is obviously talented but I don't know if he'll have an easy transition to the NHL and it may take a few years before he gives you enough points (65+) to make up for lack of PIM. Pulju is interesting but I think he is behind Tkachuk and Keller. I usually take a top forward prospect (and Tkachuk isn't even a prospect anymore) over dman so no McAvoy ahead of the forwards, at least not Tkachuk and Keller
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.