Thread: Toews vs Trochek

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Toews vs Trochek

In a league that counts fw/sog/hits/blks who are you guys going with? On the other hand I could keep both as I'm pretty sure there won't be a better centre option in the draft. The only prob with that is 4/8 keepers would be centres. I've been told that's a bad idea but the more I think about I don't see it as that bad. One is a c/rw so that helps. Thoughts?
    Yahoo Keeper league. 14 teams h2h Cats. Start 2 C/lw/rw/3D/2G/1utl daily.
    Keep 8.
    Scoring Cats:G-A-Pts-ppp-gwg-(+/-) -sog-fw-hits-blk / W-L-Gaa-sv%-Sho.

-Mcdavid, Trocheck, zibby, Seguin
    Lindholm, pavelski, zucker, smith
    Rakell, Jenner, Meier
    Klingberg, provorov, Barrie, green, muzzin
    vasilevskiy, Allen

The Great One

Default Re: Toews vs Trochek

Probably Toews, but it's close. The other good thing about Toews is he carries name value, for future trading purposes. The edge might swing to Trocheck, however, if you could use him as a winger, since FOW from the wing is of course huge.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I say Trochek. Points should be about even unless Trochek gets some more PP time/zone starts. But Trochek has hits and blocks by a wide margin and as Rizzie says FOW from the wing.

IMO that gives him the edge and he could come cheaper since he doesn't have the name.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Wizard

Trocheck, last year he had 230 SOG , 215 H+B and just 20 or so less FoW then JT

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Trocheck, last year he had 230 SOG , 215 H+B and just 20 or so less FoW then JT
    But that was before Florida gutted its top six - points matter too
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    But that was before Florida gutted its top six - points matter too
    I don't really see how adding Dadonov and Vrbata plus full seasons from Barkov and Hubredeau balanced by the losses of Jagr, Marchessault, Jokinen and Smith would count as gutting.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Toews for me. He played most of last year with shit for linemates (Hossa wonky, patchy rookies, Panik).
    He'll have Saad back this year and it'll be Pat Kane that feels the loss (of Panarin).

I like Trocheck, but I also think we have to consider "magical years". Not every young player improves after each increase.
    Line2 for Florida is not strong on wing and it will be VERY difficult for him to repeat that year.
    I don't think Trocheck will take 1600+ faceoffs (if Barkov healthy) and I don't think he can afford to make 150+ hits.
    Centers need to work on their two-way play... and his -13 suggests that maybe he could tighten up his overall game with more cerebral hockey and less grit.

61pts Toews with the usual lion's share of CHI FOW.
    57pts Trocheck (less FOW than Toews... and trimming back hitting to be better two-way center.)

Dobber Sports Novice

Thx guys really appreciating the responses! Just to clarify I did not mean Trochek was a c/rw. I meant one of my other centres (seguin) is a c/r fwiw if I was to keep 4 centres (mcdavid, seguin, Toews, Trochek) any thoughts on that issue?
    Yahoo Keeper league. 14 teams h2h Cats. Start 2 C/lw/rw/3D/2G/1utl daily.
    Keep 8.
    Scoring Cats:G-A-Pts-ppp-gwg-(+/-) -sog-fw-hits-blk / W-L-Gaa-sv%-Sho.

-Mcdavid, Trocheck, zibby, Seguin
    Lindholm, pavelski, zucker, smith
    Rakell, Jenner, Meier
    Klingberg, provorov, Barrie, green, muzzin
    vasilevskiy, Allen

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd take Trocheck in a multi-cat format like this. He may not put up as many points (although I think he's close) as Toews but he makes up for that with the hits.

Toews is one of the best NHL players today. Not so much for fantasy. People tend to get those two things confused.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."