Thread: Keeper Help - Final 3

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Keeper Help - Final 3

16 team keeper league , 7 keepers each 2 fwd, 2D, 1G, 1 Ut or 3 Fwd, 2D, 2G, 1 Ut
    Week to Week match up
    Standard ESPN stats (11 player categories)

My keepers are Malkin, Tank, Ehlers, PK, then two of Mikael Granlund, Ekblad, Faulk

Mikael Granlund has C and RW Status

RW and D are premium player positions

Ekblad was bad last year, horrible +/- and low points, but he still shot at an incredible rate for a D. Having three D (PK, Faulk, and Ekblad) that shoot that much pretty much guarantees that category every week

Really don't want to drop Ekblad and sell low on him. If he returns to rookie form he'd be a legit keeper D.
    Faulk or Granlund comes down to which makes my team better on a one year

both would be highly rated in draft rankings

Other top d available (Gio, Barrie, Trouba, Dumba, Brodie)
    Other top RW available (Perry, Atkinson, Hornqvist, Radulov, Palmeiri, Silf, Zucc, Okposo)

My first pick isn't until 28 so i wont have a chance at the top half of those players (which means i'll probably not be able to recoup the player i drop)

Thanks in advance

The Great One

Default Re: Keeper Help - Final 3

Keep Granlund and Ekblad. Should be a nice rebound for the Panthers and Ekblad. Faulk is decent but not consistent enough and usually has a bad plus/minus (granted a hard stat to predict). I think the young skilled D corps in Carolina is going to start to dilute Faulks TOI too.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

thanks tweet

so on a one year you'd rather Granlund as your #2 C/RW than Faulk as your #3 D

The Great One

Absolutely
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Agreed. Faulk is the easy drop here from my perspective.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agree with others: Granlund and Ekblad are your best choices.

Dobber Sports Pro

Another vote for Granlund and Ekblad.
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

The Great One

I can't blame you and the others for saying Ekblad, but I'll just warn you to prepare to be disappointed. The Yandle factor is real.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I can't blame you and the others for saying Ekblad, but I'll just warn you to prepare to be disappointed. The Yandle factor is real.
    I don't get that a vet left handed offensive dman could be so negative on a RHD with a big shot

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pspot View Post
    I don't get that a vet left handed offensive dman could be so negative on a RHD with a big shot
    It's Yandle's shortcomings and one-dimensionality which will force Ekblad to play the tough minutes.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Part of your post is saying you need to pick 2 out of 3, and part of it is 1 out of 2. I think you are placing too much importance on what you paid for Ekblad versus what he is worth to you. You should be keeping the best team, and that has nothing to do with acquisition costs. If you paid a fortune for Yakupov, would you hold him until you got that same value back, even if it dragged your team down?

My advice: evaluate your players on their real current worth.