Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jack Eichel is the only player that can challenge McDavid

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Jack Eichel is the only player that can challenge McDavid

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    u need to have Matthews somewhere on that list....to me him and Eichel are very similar in offensive talent but what makes them apart is that Matthews, at least for now, is more responsible defensively...
    at this point Matthews is the better goal scorer but Eichel to me is the better playmaker. Matthews does have the advantage of having better line mates I'll give him that but I don't expect Matthews to hit 80 pts this year, he might but I'm not betting on it. Could be wrong but am hoping Eichel gets off to a great start to start the season, absolutely love watching him play. Hmm...might just order a Jack Eichel shirt on NHL.com this week lol. Love his attitude and competitive spirit.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    at this point Matthews is the better goal scorer but Eichel to me is the better playmaker. Matthews does have the advantage of having better line mates I'll give him that but I don't expect Matthews to hit 80 pts this year, he might but I'm not betting on it. Could be wrong but am hoping Eichel gets off to a great start to start the season, absolutely love watching him play. Hmm...might just order a Jack Eichel shirt on NHL.com this week lol. Love his attitude and competitive spirit.
    you not wrong, and what you describe there is just about what i said..they are very very similar offensive players, almost twins but Matthews at this point stands out defensively between the two. i also think he is much better play-maker then you think....just wait once Marleau is his LW and he got 2 players to pass 2...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kucherov will win the Art Ross this year so no.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    It is very possible, he does have the talent. The only things that may work against him are the quality of linemates he may have assuming he is paired with the often injured and inconsistent Kane on 1 wing and possibly Okposo on the other who it's unknown how he'll fair after missing the last bit of last season. Also having Housley as the new coach could definitely hamper his production if the coach runs a system that focuses most on keeping the puck out of their own net.
    If Phil Housley coaches anything like he played, that should not be a problem. He was an all offense, neglect defense player.

And by the sounds of it, that is the direction his team is heading. Aggressive 5 man attack
    http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sab...-phil-housley/
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Monster

Comparing McDavid going into last season compared to Eichel going into this season

Both were coming off serious injuries that made them miss significant amount of time
    Both are Franchise players of their respected team
    McDavid had 48 pts in 45 games
    Eichel had 57 pts in 61 games
    McDavid had Oskar Klefbom as a PP quarterback
    Eichel has Rasmus Ristolainen as a PP quarterback
    McDavid's linemates: Draisait and Maroon
    Eichel's linemates: Reinhart? and Kane?

McDavid has the edge on the forward linemates but Ristolainen is a superior PPQB than Klefbom in my opinion. New coach and new beginning for GM Jack Eichel .... the writings are all on the wall .... can't wait to see him perform and rocket up the scoring charts!

Dobber Sports Ace

If you believe the recent Eichel interviews, he has a big chip on his shoulder. It may not translate into McDavid like stats on the scoresheet but me thinks it won't be from a lack of trying.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Most of us are expecting McDavid to continue to hit triple digits (as am I) but he could easily slip under 90 points whether he plays 82 games or not. Shit happens. That would put the Art Ross in major jeopardy. In this scenario I could see a bunch of players contend for the scoring title. My personal list (in no particular order and not a complete list - I did this on the fly):

Matthews
    Marner
    Eichel
    Kane
    Crosby
    Kucherov
    Backstrom
    Scheifele
    Draisaitl
    Tarasenko
    Malkin
    Benn
    Tavares
    Laine
    Gaudreau

Some are more outlandish than others but outlandish things happen every year...
    Agree with this wholeheartedly. You could probably add another 10 players in there too. To me, Eichel has done nothing to separate himself from the pack. I like him -- excellent player, but we'll see.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Eichel could be in the mix but I think it's absurd to state he's the only one that can do it.
    This.

Obviously the goal is a "bold" call, but for example Sid produced at a 97 point pace and played over half the season without Guentzel and half a season without Letang.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This.

Obviously the goal is a "bold" call, but for example Sid produced at a 97 point pace and played over half the season without Guentzel and half a season without Letang.
    Great points made about Crosby.

Dobber Sports Genius

Jack Eichel - 4th in league scoring and sticking by it!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Stud

Comparing McDavid going into last season compared to Eichel going into this season

Both were coming off serious injuries that made them miss significant amount of time
    Both are Franchise players of their respected team
    McDavid had 48 pts in 45 games
    Eichel had 57 pts in 61 games
    McDavid had Oskar Klefbom as a PP quarterback
    Eichel has Rasmus Ristolainen as a PP quarterback
    McDavid's linemates: Draisait and Maroon
    Eichel's linemates: Reinhart? and Kane?

McDavid has the edge on the forward linemates but Ristolainen is a superior PPQB than Klefbom in my opinion. New coach and new beginning for GM Jack Eichel .... the writings are all on the wall .... can't wait to see him perform and rocket up the scoring charts!
    This is exactly what I was thinking as well. You present a compelling argument but I am a 'show me" type guy so I am not quite there...yet.

I'll stick with Crosby for this year, but next year, who knows?
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bunch of players I'd put ahead of Eichel. Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Matthews etc.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking as well. You present a compelling argument but I am a 'show me" type guy so I am not quite there...yet.

I'll stick with Crosby for this year, but next year, who knows?
    Was thinking of this scenerio if I got the 2nd overall pick in my $250 would I take Eichel over Crosby? rataylor made a compelling case for Crosby producing at a 97 point pace over 82 games all while being without Letang/Guentzel for much of the year. Although I think Jack Eichel will be among the top scorers in the NHL and may have a decent shot at winning the Art Ross it might be smart to Select Crosby over Jack Eichel at this point.

Administrator

I'm seeing Eichel annoyingly going at around 11-20 in drafts, which is probably where he should go. I have him as my 5th ranked skater for standard leagues but you could push him down for positional flexibility of guys like Benn/Kucherov/Ovechkin/etc. I was really hoping he could be had in the 3rd or 4th round once again but alas popular opinion has caught up.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Was thinking of this scenerio if I got the 2nd overall pick in my $250 would I take Eichel over Crosby? rataylor made a compelling case for Crosby producing at a 97 point pace over 82 games all while being without Letang/Guentzel for much of the year. Although I think Jack Eichel will be among the top scorers in the NHL and may have a decent shot at winning the Art Ross it might be smart to Select Crosby over Jack Eichel at this point.
    Let the draft come to you and pick accordingly. Crosby at #2 is your guy.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"