Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jack Eichel is the only player that can challenge McDavid

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Jack Eichel is the only player that can challenge McDavid

Is Jack Eichel the only player that can challenge McDavid for the Art Ross? I think so .... am not knocking Crosby, Kane or Kucherov but to me this will be Eichel's coming out party and will give McDavid a strong run for his money and just may outright win the Art Ross this upcoming season.

Eichel is so gifted physically and is entering his 3rd year in the league. He is also tremendously motivated to prove himself in this league and has even downplayed what he has already done in the league. Last season to me was a huge success, serious ankle injury (which was due to today's skates being so stiff and having no give) but came back and may or may not have been playing at 100% and scored 57 pts in 61 games. The more I look at it I decided to place Jack Eichel as the #2 Forward for points going into the 2017/18 season.

McDavid will most likely score NORTH of 100 pts and if not somewhere close to it, so can Crosby do that at his stage of his career? I don't think so personally, Kucherov? don't think he has that kind of ceiling, Kane? .... no Panarin makes me think no, Eichel on the other hand is coming off an almost PPG season all while dealing with a serious ankle injury - is just coming into his own and on a young and talented Buffalo Sabres team. I know I get criticized and sometimes not taken serious by some of the posters for my predictions but this time I am putting my money where my mouth is and having GM Jack Eichel ranked as #2 Forward going into the 2017/18 season and will guarantee everyone that if I get the 2nd Overall pick in a 1 year points league I will take Jack Eichel (assuming McDavid gets taken #1).

GM Jack Eichel Highlights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHXN3tJfCmg

FORWARDS GP G A PTS
    Jack Eichel (BUF) 82 38 54 92

Sincerely,

- StuntMan12

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Jack Eichel is the only player that can challenge McDavid

It is very possible, he does have the talent. The only things that may work against him are the quality of linemates he may have assuming he is paired with the often injured and inconsistent Kane on 1 wing and possibly Okposo on the other who it's unknown how he'll fair after missing the last bit of last season. Also having Housley as the new coach could definitely hamper his production if the coach runs a system that focuses most on keeping the puck out of their own net.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Is Jack Eichel the only player that can challenge McDavid for the Art Ross? I think so .... am not knocking Crosby, Kane or Kucherov but to me this will be Eichel's coming out party and will give McDavid a strong run for his money and just may outright win the Art Ross this upcoming season.

Eichel is so gifted physically and is entering his 3rd year in the league. He is also tremendously motivated to prove himself in this league and has even downplayed what he has already done in the league. Last season to me was a huge success, serious ankle injury (which was due to today's skates being so stiff and having no give) but came back and may or may not have been playing at 100% and scored 57 pts in 61 games. The more I look at it I decided to place Jack Eichel as the #2 Forward for points going into the 2017/18 season.

McDavid will most likely score NORTH of 100 pts and if not somewhere close to it, so can Crosby do that at his stage of his career? I don't think so personally, Kucherov? don't think he has that kind of ceiling, Kane? .... no Panarin makes me think no, Eichel on the other hand is coming off an almost PPG season all while dealing with a serious ankle injury - is just coming into his own and on a young and talented Buffalo Sabres team. I know I get criticized and sometimes not taken serious by some of the posters for my predictions but this time I am putting my money where my mouth is and having GM Jack Eichel ranked as #2 Forward going into the 2017/18 season and will guarantee everyone that if I get the 2nd Overall pick in a 1 year points league I will take Jack Eichel (assuming McDavid gets taken #1).

FORWARDS GP G A PTS

Sincerely,

- StuntMan12
    I think Eichel eventually will get there, but I don't think he's there this season. Crosby is still the only real threat to McDavid IMO. Maybe Benn if he can get it back but Crosby is the only one I am confident in.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I bet a co-worker that jack could outpoint tarasenko ''last year'' and if not for the ankle injury he probably would have .

dude flapped his gums all winter and a few others started to bust my chops when I'd walk past them at work .

however , there was a 2 week stretch when eichel was ever so slowly catching up to tank and it was sooooo quiet at work

tank eventually snapped out of his little cold streak and jack cooled off a bit too but it was fun while it lasted .

your prediction is bold , but so was mine at the time

The Magnificent One

I bet Malkin could, if somehow Crosby got hurt and somehow he didn't.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

Bold prediction, I like it!.
    I can see Eichel finishing very high in the points totals if he can avoid the nagging injuries he's seen in the past. Last year once he got back to game shape he looked great and only his 3rd season we should expect his points per game to continue to rise.

Also McDavid and Eichel are relied upon by their respective teams far more than Crosby/Kane/Malkin/Ovy are. Crosby/Kane/Malkin can play a few less minutes and worry about entering the playoffs healthy and going on a run.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

Eichel could be in the mix but I think it's absurd to state he's the only one that can do it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd bet on Sid, Kuch and Kane before Eichel but anything is possible.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

well Stuntman reading your post made me even more excited going into my season w/ McDavid/Eichel on my roster if I end up with the top 2 scorers and both being 20 years old I'm loving life lol, but I agree that maybe not this season but as early as 208-19 can be the closest challenger to McDavid's scoring title I think Sid still is a legit threat at this point in his career
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Genius

Eichel finishes 4th in league scoring!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Eichel could be in the mix but I think it's absurd to state he's the only one that can do it.
    I agree with Eric. Sure, maybe Eichel can challenge McDavid for the scoring title, but there's just no way he's alone in that. A bold prediction made too bold by discounting the other superstars, in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Monster

I think he's going to finally establish himself in that top 5 group we always identify each year. In terms of upside, I'd say he's definitely going to become one of maybe 5 players in the league who can challenge a healthy McDavid for the Art Ross. I think he could be one year away from doing it, but superstars are known for fast tracking their development (remember Stamkos?!) so yeah I can see it this year.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Most of us are expecting McDavid to continue to hit triple digits (as am I) but he could easily slip under 90 points whether he plays 82 games or not. Shit happens. That would put the Art Ross in major jeopardy. In this scenario I could see a bunch of players contend for the scoring title. My personal list (in no particular order and not a complete list - I did this on the fly):

Matthews
    Marner
    Eichel
    Kane
    Crosby
    Kucherov
    Backstrom
    Scheifele
    Draisaitl
    Tarasenko
    Malkin
    Benn
    Tavares
    Laine
    Gaudreau

Some are more outlandish than others but outlandish things happen every year...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Most of us are expecting McDavid to continue to hit triple digits (as am I) but he could easily slip under 90 points whether he plays 82 games or not. Shit happens. That would put the Art Ross in major jeopardy. In this scenario I could see a bunch of players contend for the scoring title. My personal list (in no particular order and not a complete list - I did this on the fly):

Matthews
    Marner
    Eichel
    Kane
    Crosby
    Kucherov
    Backstrom
    Scheifele
    Draisaitl
    Tarasenko
    Malkin
    Benn
    Tavares
    Laine
    Gaudreau

Some are more outlandish than others but outlandish things happen every year...
    i agree. expect the unexpected. That's what makes the season so much fun.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post

FORWARDS GP G A PTS

Sincerely,

- StuntMan12
    u need to have Matthews somewhere on that list....to me him and Eichel are very similar in offensive talent but what makes them apart is that Matthews, at least for now, is more responsible defensively...