Thread: Patches, Letang, Josi Giroux

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Patches, Letang, Josi Giroux

New H2H keeper, G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW, "Clutch Cat" (GWG + SHP + Shootout Goals)

How do you rank the following players?

Patches
    Letang
    Josi
    Giroux

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Patches, Letang, Josi Giroux

Without knowing how many you start at each position, that's a toughie. But with FOW and PPP I'm going Giroux first (he was top five in BOTH categories last season). After him Letang, then Patches, then Josi. But Josi could be above Patches if you start something like 6D or a high number like that.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Without knowing how many you start at each position, that's a toughie. But with FOW and PPP I'm going Giroux first (he was top five in BOTH categories last season). After him Letang, then Patches, then Josi. But Josi could be above Patches if you start something like 6D or a high number like that.

Thanks of the input! We start 3 at each forward position, 4 D, and 2 utility/skaters, 2 goalies. My team so far:

Karlsson
    Laine
    Benn
    Backstrom
    Rask

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    Thanks of the input! We start 3 at each forward position, 4 D, and 2 utility/skaters, 2 goalies. My team so far:

Karlsson
    Laine
    Benn
    Backstrom
    Rask
    Josi is clearly the "worst" of the four given these factors. Having Letang and Karlsson would be nice, since Letang will be healthy when Karlsson is out, and if Letang gets hurt you have Karlsson. Backstrom helps you in FOW and PPP, so maybe you can downgrade Giroux a bit, but he's still quite good in these settings. Patches is solid as well, but perhaps a notch below Giroux given the settings.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

I would rank them like this. There all real close and depending your level of risk/ draft strategy could interchange them around. For instance centers are the deepest position in fantasy and Giroux will likely fall further then Patches and the others in the draft. You could draft one of the other 3 and wait to see if you can get Giroux on the next pick or if not draft a similar caliber center.

Giroux
    Patches
    Letang
    Josi
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks fellas. This one's been between Giroux and Letang for me. Even after his horrid year, Giroux was still a very solid player in this format due to PPP and FOW. Even if he can return to 60-65 points, he'll be a top-25 player. Despite that, I'm leaning towards Letang as the risk-reward play. He's an absolute mute-cat powerhouse when in the line-up, and with 5 IR spots I am more than willing to work around the 25 games that he'll miss. When I have both Letang and Karlsson in the line-up, that's a pretty deadly combo. The risk is that Letang could conceivably suffer a career-ending injury at any time, but I am trying to win right away with the team I'm drafting and figure he can still be elite (when healthy) for another 3-4 years.

If I didn't already have Backstrom, I'd probably snag Giroux now for his FOW, A and PPP, but there are still tons of top C on the board and D is starting to look very thin. I think I may be better off taking the risk/reward play with Letang and then trying to snag someone like O'Rielly in a couple of rounds. Anyone else wanna chime in with who they'd pick? Rep to all!