Thread: Jon Gillies

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Jon Gillies

What are your thoughts on him. What's his potential? How far away is he from even backing up in Calgary? Think he can challenge Lack for the backup spot this year or still a year away?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Jon Gillies

He's a pretty highly touted goalie prospect according to the fantasy guide. He's a solid goalie with big size and staring goalie potential but he's had injury issues the last couple years and has played on an average AHL so his stats don't look as great as they should. Once Mike Smith is out of the picture he'll have 1st crack at the starting gig. If Lack plays anywhere near as bad as he played in Carolina last year Gillies could earn the back-up role during this season...but more likely next.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

The Great One

Probably won't be a back-up this season unless Lack impliodes, since Gilles needs to play every day.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Bringing in Smith covers the next two years. Past that it's anybody's guess. As with most prospect goalies he's still a ways away.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I ask as I only have room to keep 1 prospect goalie. They stay prospects until they play 50 games. Can bring up and sent down from the prospect roster as often as you want but if they're on your main roster after game 50 and you drop them they're fair game for anyone. My other goalie is Dell and he's only at 20 games so he helps me more this year. If Gillies is still a ways away I may release him and attempt to redraft.

Dobber Sports Novice

I think the perfect scenerio is that he doesn't play for this season and challenges for a back up spot next season. He's 2-3 years away if all goes well

The Great One

Agree with EB and Jag - Smith isn't a long term solution but gives Gillies two years of maturing
    Experience is the teacher of all things.