Thread: Schenn for Perry? Muti-cat- REP

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Schenn for Perry? Muti-cat- REP

So we had our draft for the the first team in my signature. I drafted Brayden Schenn as my 1st pick (18th)in our annual redraft because I've drafted him the last 3 years and he's been a pretty solid muti-cat player for me. I knew one of the other gms was planning on drafting him before my next pick. Every season people have tried to get him from me but it's usually offers that are pretty low ballish.

That being said a gm offered me Perry and his 1st next year (probably mid round) for my Schenn and my last round pick (18th round). In this league if you trade a pick, another pick has to be headed the other way so it's basically just upgrading picks...cant do 3 random picks for 1 as an example. Any who I'm just wondering what kind of production you think schenn and perry will have? similar production?

Neither player is planned to be used as a keeper next year. I am nowhere near as optimistic as the fantasy guide about Schenn breaking out for 70 points since he's always been a mid 50's guy. I don't see Schenn centering Tarasenko's line because Schenn isn't strong enough in the defensive zone to have the trust of the coach to get top line minutes. Anyway what are your thoughts?
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

The Great One

Default Re: Schenn for Perry? Muti-cat- REP

How can you tell that neither player will be kept? What if Schenn does explode? I think your logic is reasonable, but if I'm in your spot I either hold Schenn or I try to get more for him than Perry even though with Perry comes the 1st rounder.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd also keep Schenn here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    How can you tell that neither player will be kept?
    Because I wouldn't be keeping either of them. I know it's a multi-cat league but top offensive talent is almost impossible to draft in this keep 4 redraft so my current keepers that are bolded will most likely be my keepers again next year.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

The Great One

I can see cases for both TBH - I'm not as sour on Perry not as bullish on Schenn so I'd probably sway to do it but not a whole lot in it for me
    Experience is the teacher of all things.