Thread: NEED HELP! R. Strome+ for Galchenyuk+

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default NEED HELP! R. Strome+ for Galchenyuk+

For the league in my sig:

I trade Alex Galchenyuk and Ryan Pulock
    FOR
    Ryan Strome, Damon Severson and a 2nd round pick (15th overall pick)

What do you guys think, would this be a fair enough offer to make? I want the additional pick to try and land some of those great D coming up (Chabot, Honka, Montour, Morrissey, Stetcher, etc), as my D could use some help.

**I'm not going to get McAvoy so no sense in putting his name here.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

The Great One

Default Re: NEED HELP! R. Strome+ for Galchenyuk+

I like Galch more than Strome and Pulock more than Svererson. So unless you are getting a guaranteed Chabot type player in there, I don't like this deal all that much. I would not put Stetcher in the same category as those other D prospects, either.

I agree with you, unfortunately both players aren't in the best of situations. Bergevin and Julien aren't all that big on galchenyuk and while Pulock should be the QB on PP1 it's hard to trust what the islanders will do.

FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

The Great One

Strome is a guy who you're rooting for if you already have, but not someone you trade a pretty darn good asset (Galy) to get. Yes, Strome might pan out and you miss an opportunity, but he's also super high risk and I'm not looking to give up a semi-proven asset with a super high ceiling (Galy) to get him.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

I would now get back a 1st rounder (9th overall), but I would have to give up a 2nd rounder in next years draft. I could probably land Chabot with that pick.

So this turned into my Galchenyuk, Pulock and a 2nd round pick in next year's draft for Elias Lindholm, Damon Severson and a 1st round pick (10th overall) in this year's draft.

I'll have a strong chance at landing one of Chabot or Montour with the 10th pick.

Dobber Sports Superstar

no, too far a downgrade in goal scoring capability from Chucky to Lindholm. Plus Montreal no longer sees Chucky as a center so when he goes to wing he can just think offensively not worry about center defensive responsibilities.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

The Great One

Better than the first deal, but I would have stuck with what you had...

Maybe you win very short term, but I don't think you'll come ahead long term.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Better than the first deal, but I would have stuck with what you had...

Maybe you win very short term, but I don't think you'll come ahead long term.
    Bingo - this
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Galchenyuk & Pulock, easily.