Thread: Anytbody had any success trading (ONLY) draft picks?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Anytbody had any success trading (ONLY) draft picks?

I'm a week out from our draft and hoping I can trade from a position of strength (2 picks each in rounds 4/5/6/8/13, plus 3 picks in round 12 out of 17) to replenish a position of weakness as best I can. I have no 1/3/7, but have all my own until round 13 then am done until the very end at round 17. These picks are all for the Free Agent pool (after 10 teams have a total of the 80 top players kept and taken of the board). I could give a list of players available but that isn't really the point of the question.

Has anyone had any success (or otherwise?) trying to do such a thing where NO PLAYERS are included? We've never done it before and Im looking into whether it is worth it. Im wondering what its taken in the past in other leagues as a comparable or barometer for ours.

Hope you can help?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Anytbody had any success trading (ONLY) draft picks?

Yup. It's possible!

- Forget offering up a 17th. It's just insulting.
    - Don't get greedy
    - Use the 12ths as the wheel greasers
    - Target someone who is holding more of what you want (1,2,3) and less of what you have (mid rounds - 4, 5, 6 ,8)
    - You are probably looking at a 3-1 pick trade to move up a couple of rounds. (ie 4,5,12 for a early-mid 3)
    - The other GM has to already have the same idea as you. If not you are running into a brick wall.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"