Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keepers - Pick 3 in my format please!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Keepers - Pick 3 in my format please!

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    What the heck does "protect 4, keep 3" mean? You can protect 1 guy you can't keep?

I'd go Arvidsson, Radulov and Dumba.

I think you need to keep a D in that format. I don't think Fowler is worth giving up that many rounds...

Radulov could have a monster year.
    Up until a week before the draft, we can protect four but then you have to choose your final 3. I'm thinking about the D as well. One buddy of mine said "Go Fowler, Dumba and one of the forwards to grab two D right off the bat so I can concentrate on Forwards and Goalies." Goalies rule our pool btw..

Radulov is always intriguing just because of his skill set alone. If he gets most of his time with those two, he should be good for 70 points or at least real close to it and quite a few power-play points as well. The only thing that bothers me is I think of how they handled Sharp and how he was normally switched around between the top two or three lines.

The only concern I have for Saad is of course what line he winds up on for the most part. If Sharp snags away his time on the first line or even worse the first power-play unit, he will take a hit and numbers big time.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Arvi, Saad, Rads. Find D in the draft take the talent guaranteed. You can get a Travis Hamonic for instance stupid late in draft hold value.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not trying to drag out a stagnant thread, but what about Hertl at 18th?

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Not trying to drag out a stagnant thread, but what about Hertl at 18th?
    Nope - not when you have more proven options. With each passing season my view on Hertl becomes more and more "if he was going to be a great player, he'd already be a great player." Maybe - just maybe - he ends up justifying his value as an 18th rounder, but he sure isn't good enough yet to be considered as a retention in that round. Not in an 13 team league.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

Appreciate the reply bud. Thanks