Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keepers - Pick 3 in my format please!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Keepers - Pick 3 in my format please!

Hey all! Need some thought's on my keeper situation. Get to keep 3. Cat's below in Sig. Players and rounds they're eligible at for my upcoming draft.

O'Reilly 7th
    Arvidsson 18th
    Saad 11th
    Radulov 10th
    Fowler 9th
    Dumba 15th

No one else worth mentioning. I struggled badly last year with hits and SOG but don't wanna make the wrong picks based upon that. With my format who would you keep? Protect 4, keep 3.

Thanks in advance!
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Keepers - Pick 3 in my format please!

Arvidsson, dumba, radulov
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - Eichel, Hischier,
    LW -
    RW -
    D - Hamilton,
    G - Hellebuyck

Packer Fan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I started my reply with Arvidsson, Radulov, and Saad... but then I noticed that your league has 7 defenceman. Now I'd say Arvidsson, Radulov, and Fowler. It would be nice to keep Dumba since he is young a defenceman, but it shard to justify dropping any of those three for him.

The Great One

Arvy, Dumba, Saad
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys. No O'Reillys huh? Is that because of the round, injuries/other? I was gonna take O'Reilly, Saad and Radulov. I also forgot to mention Zuccarello at 10th as well but forgot to. Does that change anything on your end?

As far as Dumba and Fowler go, who do you like more and why? One thing I've noticed about Fowler is that he seems to have trouble passing 40 points which I think is a little low considering the time he gets on the power play and the players he's surrounded by.

I think Dumba will just continuously get better. I think he's a stud. Flat out, but is he ready to pass 40 pts? He hits a little, gets some Pims but the shot total seems low.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Arvidsson, Saad and Fowler.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Arvidsson, Saad and Fowler.
    Why not Radulov? Just curious. I'm kind of on the fence about him because he does disappear from the score sheet for some extended periods of time. He did last year but, with Benn and Seguin that could change quickly. Question is does he stay on the line?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Why not Radulov? Just curious. I'm kind of on the fence about him because he does disappear from the score sheet for some extended periods of time. He did last year but, with Benn and Seguin that could change quickly. Question is does he stay on the line?
    Radulov is risk/reward personified. I'm going to let him induce white knuckles from another GM in all my leagues. You have better options.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Thanks guys. No O'Reillys huh? Is that because of the round, injuries/other? I was gonna take O'Reilly, Saad and Radulov. I also forgot to mention Zuccarello at 10th as well but forgot to. Does that change anything on your end?

As far as Dumba and Fowler go, who do you like more and why? One thing I've noticed about Fowler is that he seems to have trouble passing 40 points which I think is a little low considering the time he gets on the power play and the players he's surrounded by.

I think Dumba will just continuously get better. I think he's a stud. Flat out, but is he ready to pass 40 pts? He hits a little, gets some Pims but the shot total seems low.

Anyone else?

Thanks!
    ROR is likely to suffer the fate of Dubinsky and Kesler - stuck on the second line with the toughest assignments. Plus, he's no multi-cat beast either.

Dobber Sports Deity

I simply don't trust him. You are expecting him to play with Seguin and Benn all season. There's no guarantees that Seguin and Benn themselves even play together all season, let alone Radulov with them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    ROR is likely to suffer the fate of Dubinsky and Kesler - stuck on the second line with the toughest assignments. Plus, he's no multi-cat beast either.
    That's kind of what I figured as well. The only thing that troubles me about letting him go is that he had the most PP points than any of them, but yes, Eichel will chop that down.

The Great One

That's kind of what I figured as well. The only thing that troubles me about letting him go is that he had the most PP points than any of them, but yes, Eichel will chop that down.
    That's a fair point, but Kesler gets PP1 time and posts 45-50 point in most seasons....

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I simply don't trust him. You are expecting him to play with Seguin and Benn all season. There's no guarantees that Seguin and Benn themselves even play together all season, let alone Radulov with them.
    And that's exactly what scares me. Yep! Saad, does he get top line time along with top PP time, or does Sharp snag that away? Love the feedback guys! Keep it coming please. Thank you!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    That's a fair point, but Kesler gets PP1 time and posts 45-50 point in most seasons....
    Great point

The Great One

What the heck does "protect 4, keep 3" mean? You can protect 1 guy you can't keep?

I'd go Arvidsson, Radulov and Dumba.

I think you need to keep a D in that format. I don't think Fowler is worth giving up that many rounds...

Radulov could have a monster year.