Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I think I did terrible in my $100 I year league

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: I think I did terrible in my $100 I year league

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I've never seen a league award 15 points to goalies for giving up a goal

It would be interesting to see what other teams in your league look like, particularly a few that didn't miss the goalie run.

In Butch's league, the goaltenders are always amongst the top scorers in the league.
    hopefully the slight point increase for goals , special team assists close the gap but honestly usually the high end goalies and high end forwards are close unless a goalie has an off the charts season (40+ wins, 10 shuttys,1800+ saves). A player would probably need to score 45g , 55 a , take 250 shots and have a reasonable +/- to match that .

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I've never seen a league award 15 points to goalies for giving up a goal

It would be interesting to see what other teams in your league look like, particularly a few that didn't miss the goalie run.

In Butch's league, the goaltenders are always amongst the top scorers in the league.
    Just wanted to clarify that it's MINUS 15 points.....so if a team loses 2 - 1 and the goalie makes 28 saves....you will get two points per shot (28 x 2 =56) 56 points less (-15 x 2 = -30) 30 points so end up with 26 points for the goalie. You can calculate the minus points if the score was 5 - 1 as it would be MINUS 19.

Dobber Sports Monster

Well so far things are looking ok. I'm sitting 6th/15 and top 7 make the play-offs. As long as I make the play-offs I have a chance at the Championship. I'll be better prepared next year that is for sure, now that I have a better understanding of the league.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Looks like you're right in the mix.

I have to know, how do 7 teams make the playoffs?? What format are you using?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would be throwing out trades for Darling, Raanta, Anderson, Markstrom etc every chance I get. Some teams are going to have 4 goalies. If can just nab 1 G that's under performing/undervalued right now... you can make serious inroads. Also, Tim Heed available? I'd start searching for a D move for Hanifin who's lackluster in fantasy performances.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4