Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Will Duchene ever get traded?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Will Duchene ever get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I thought Colorado wanted a defenseman, not a center.
    My point was being realistic, not what Sakic is dreaming about when he goes to bed at night. He's done a great job devaluing Duchene, so at this point he just needs to get something of value or otherwise pretty soon it won't be his job trying to find that trade anymore.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    My point was being realistic, not what Sakic is dreaming about when he goes to bed at night. He's done a great job devaluing Duchene, so at this point he just needs to get something of value or otherwise pretty soon it won't be his job trying to find that trade anymore.
    If Colorado keeps up like they've started, his job is safe and there's even less pressure to trade Duchene.

Sakic has painted himself into a corner. He's been so stubborn in waiting for a top dman, that I can't see him giving in to take a centre.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Monster

Am starting to lose faith that he will ever be traded. But at some point you would think Sakic will have to come to realization that Duchene isn't going to bring the return they want. Let the kid go so both parties can go on with their lives and be happy.

- Don Cherry voice (arms crossed, nose in the air) "AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED!"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Am starting to lose faith that he will ever be traded. But at some point you would think Sakic will have to come to realization that Duchene isn't going to bring the return they want. Let the kid go so both parties can go on with their lives and be happy.

- Don Cherry voice (arms crossed, nose in he air) "AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED!"
    Won't happen with Sakic at the helm, and his job isn't in nearly as much jeopardy as 3 weeks ago. Still think Sakic is gone before Duchene
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

From Fan Rag Sports, which quotes Darren Dreger on a Winnipeg radio station:

“It’s been three pieces,” reiterated Dreger. “That’s kind of been the ask from the get-go. My understanding is Sakic has changed his view on the type of defenseman he needs. I think at the draft he was pretty specific. He wanted a young left-shot D as part of the package, and then a prospect – a highly-touted prospect – and a big-time draft pick.

“My understanding is, from those with interest, that maybe he’s shifted a little bit. But he still wants a real good Top 3/top-pairing defenseman, and a good prospect, and a top draft pick. And my sense is he hasn’t relented from that position yet.”

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Stud

read the TSN report on the 3 team trade that fell through involving Sens, Preds and Avs including Duchene & Turris among others

Wonder what the Avs were asking for as my guess is that was probably what killed the deal
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Guru

If Nashville was getting Turris, who is a UFA after this season, I'm guessing Nashville wasn't giving up a lot. What would Colorado have gotten out of all this? Would Ottawa give up Turris and Ceci to get Duchene?

Dobber Sports Deity

If Nashville was getting Turris, who is a UFA after this season, I'm guessing Nashville wasn't giving up a lot. What would Colorado have gotten out of all this? Would Ottawa give up Turris and Ceci to get Duchene?
    The "rumor" I read on twitter this morning basically had Colorado getting a bunch of picks, no players named.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

No they wouldn't, that would be a big overpay.

The Great One

I’d guess a pick and a D to Colorado? Ekholm?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports All-Star

What a mess. Sakic needs to shit or get off the pot.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I’d guess a pick and a D to Colorado? Ekholm?
    If Friedman is right, Ekholm wasn't part of any deal.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...63522544640000

Last note: Turris (NASH), Duchene (OTT), haul of picks and maybe prospect or two (COL). No Ekholm.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe it's just me, but if the Sens are willing to pay Duchene his $6M salary, I think I'd rather keep Turris and pay him the $6M when his contract comes due at seasons end (assuming it would even cost that much to re-sign him). At least you'd have him locked up long term instead of Duchene who's only good for a couple more seasons before he hits UFA status. I don't see that big of a difference between the two, other than age.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but if the Sens are willing to pay Duchene his $6M salary, I think I'd rather keep Turris and pay him the $6M when his contract comes due at seasons end (assuming it would even cost that much to re-sign him). At least you'd have him locked up long term instead of Duchene who's only good for a couple more seasons before he hits UFA status. I don't see that big of a difference between the two, other than age.
    Yeah and that's a huge difference. The Sens have already said they don't want to sign Turris for the term he'll be looking for. He's as good as gone. Why not get Duchense for a couple of prime years...who knows, maybe he fits in Ottawa and they re-sign him. It'd be a good deal for the Sens I think. I would love to know what part of this was the deal killer. It may not have been Sakic this time, but I'll bet it was.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    dachene is an upgrade offensively, pp, and face offs

turris negotiation isn't about dollars, its about term