Thread: Tarasenko for Bob...? In a Keep 5

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Tarasenko for Bob...? In a Keep 5

Similar to my other post....Keep 5 in a 10 team custom roto. G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,FW and W,GAA,SV%,SO

For my 5 Keepers, I have Kucherov, Tarasenko, Seguin, Holtby and then between Getzlaf or Giroux.

I've offered Tarasenko for Bobrovski (he also has Rask and Allen)....but I can't get him to pull the trigger. His Keepers would then be Malkin, Laine, Tarasenko, Rask and Allen.

Does this not look like a win/win? With me giving up the higher ranked asset?
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Tarasenko for Bob...? In a Keep 5

It reads to me like he comes out with more total value, yeah. But it's a move that makes sense for both teams, although... In a 10 team league there should be goaltending available to draft, though, no? Is it really worth giving up Tarasenko for?

What kind of goaltenders could you draft and how much further down the list would they be from Bob?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Goaltending is hoarded...all 10 teams will have at least 2 goalies on their team after the 1st Rd (6th Rd after the 5 Keepers).

Allen and Quick will be dropped. But I draft 7th overall and they will be gone by then.
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

The Great One

All I came here to say is despite his downward trajectory, Giroux is gold in this league. He finished in the top five in FW and PPP last season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Don't trade Tank for Bob. Tank is a year in year out top 10 asset. Bob is top 10 one year and then out of the top 300 another. Find some later goalies like Smith, Lehner, Darling, Raanta, etc. if you really need to fill it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)