Thread: Picking Next...Two in a Row, Who to Pick?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Picking Next...Two in a Row, Who to Pick?

Hey Everyone,

League stats are in my sig, I currently have to prospect picks right now, and have a tough choice in who to pick. My league allows us to draft prospects who you can keep on your farm for up to 3 years until activated. Once activated, they are a free keeper the following offseason, meaning they will not count against your 7 Keepers.

Right now, the draft has gone Nico, Keller, Patrick (My Pick), Pettersson, Glass, Middetlstat.

I am tempted to go with Saros and Boeser here. I am also thinking of either Demko, Steel, Jost, or any of the top defensemen taken in this and last years draft (Chabot, Makar, and so on).

Any input would be extremely welcomed!
    10 Team Keeper League - No Cap - 7 Keepers + Activated Farm Players on Year

Scoring(Points) - +/- - 1, A - 2.5, G - 3, Hits - 0.5, PIM - 0.5, PPG - 0.5,GWG/SH - 1, GAA - 0.5, SO - 1, SPCT - .05, W - 2.5

11 or 12 Active F - 4 or 5 Active D - 2 Active G - 4 Bench - 2 IR

Team

F - Galchenyuk, Pastrnak, Johansen, Kucherov, Huberdeau, Wennberg, Aho, Nylander - Free Keeper

D -

G -

Farm (Yrs left to be activated) - Eichel (1), Laine (2), Puljujarvi (2), Rantanen (2), P.L. Dubois (2), M. Murray (2), Patrick (3), Boeser (3), Jost (3)

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Picking Next...Two in a Row, Who to Pick?

I'd go Jost and Chabot unless you desperately need goaltending (or they are hard to come by). In that case go for Saros and swap out either of the other guys out.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Just a quick scan but I like idea of drafting players who are much closer to the show.

Boeser
    Jost
    Saros (unless you think that he is the next Enroth)

That said, you farm team is stupid good. This may lead me to taking a longer shot with a younger player.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Novice

Boeser
    Chabot
    Jost
    Would be my order

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the input guys! I ended up going with Boeser and Jost. Since I will only potentially be starting 4 Defensemen, as will most of the league, I felt I would be able to fill and draft D in the regular draft. Boeser and Jost are both playing in the NHL this year, and forwards always are better currency in our league. I was tempted to take Saros, but I feel like I might be able to grab him as a 3rd or 4th goalie.
    10 Team Keeper League - No Cap - 7 Keepers + Activated Farm Players on Year

Scoring(Points) - +/- - 1, A - 2.5, G - 3, Hits - 0.5, PIM - 0.5, PPG - 0.5,GWG/SH - 1, GAA - 0.5, SO - 1, SPCT - .05, W - 2.5

11 or 12 Active F - 4 or 5 Active D - 2 Active G - 4 Bench - 2 IR

Team

F - Galchenyuk, Pastrnak, Johansen, Kucherov, Huberdeau, Wennberg, Aho, Nylander - Free Keeper

D -

G -

Farm (Yrs left to be activated) - Eichel (1), Laine (2), Puljujarvi (2), Rantanen (2), P.L. Dubois (2), M. Murray (2), Patrick (3), Boeser (3), Jost (3)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tdot1985 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys! I ended up going with Boeser and Jost. Since I will only potentially be starting 4 Defensemen, as will most of the league, I felt I would be able to fill and draft D in the regular draft. Boeser and Jost are both playing in the NHL this year, and forwards always are better currency in our league. I was tempted to take Saros, but I feel like I might be able to grab him as a 3rd or 4th goalie.
    I would have taken Boeser with your previous pick (3rd overall), so great job landing him here. With your other pick, I would have taken Chabot or Steel but Jost is not a bad option either.

Dobber Sports Star

Boeser is a great pick there, I'd take him over Hischier or Patrick.

I think Jost has the ability to surprise, and given that you don't differentiate between forward positions he's even better.