Thread: Matheson, Pulock, Carlo, Deangelo

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Matheson, Pulock, Carlo, Deangelo

All 4 are on my team, carryovers form last year.

I have the option of keeping all 4 or dropping them before the draft and picking up new Dmen. I know all have potential and high upside but might be a couple year away from being decent contributors when I want to contend this year.

10 team cap league, each team will have 6 or 7 D

Matheson - playing behind ekblad and yandle
    Pulock - playing behind leddy, on a cursed islanders team, and gets hurt
    Carlo - playing behind mcavoy and krug, probably wont get any PP
    Deangelo - playing behind shatt and mcD, might get some PP2 time, also crazy and undisciplined.

Can you rank and who if any I should keep for this year? Who should I drop and reaquire mid season or next if they start to pick it up?

Thanks in advance
    Jesse
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Matheson, Pulock, Carlo, Deangelo

Who would you be able to keep instead of these guys??

Its all about level above replacement, and if you are trying to compete this year you want to maximize the talent for this year and wait.

I think all 4 of these players are drops and keep a watch on them until they start heating up.

The Great One

Default Re: Matheson, Pulock, Carlo, Deangelo

If you have a spot for one and there's no other viable options, then I'd gamble on Pulock, since he could wrest the PP QB spot away from Leddy. DeAngelo is tempting due to his innate talent, but sees like too much of a head case plus there's Shattenkirk blocking his path.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/