Thread: Draft Help

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Draft Help

Hey Everyone, Have a draft up coming and looking for help on the available players in my league and where they fit in to the average rankings found on a previous post or who are later pick ups. Let me know your thoughts!

Available notable Players: (F) Eriksson Ek, Andres Bjork, Johnathan Dahlen, Aj Greer, Jordan Greenway, ZAR, Filip Chlapik, Anton Rodin
    (D) Jake Dotchin, Kyle Wood, Gustiv Forsling, Sergei Zborovsky, Phillip Myers, Vince Dunn, Ethan Bear, Mitchell Stephens, Will Butcher

1 Hischier 1.2
    2 Patrick 1.8
    3 Glass 4.8
    4 Mittelstadt 5.5
    5 Makar 5.8
    6 Tippett 7.0
    7 Heiskanen 7.5
    8 Vilardi 8.1
    9 Pettersson 8.7
    10 Suzuki 10.8
    11 Liljegren 11.9
    12 Tolvanen 14.1
    13 Yamamoto 14.1
    14 Rasmussen 14.4
    15 Necas 14.6
    16 Andersson 15.3
    17 Brannstrom 16.9
    18 Valimaki 18.2
    19 Kostin 18.3
    20 Foote 18.5
    21 Oettinger 18.6
    22 Vesalainen 19.6
    23 Norris 20.7
    24 Joseph 23.0
    25 Poehling 23.0
    26 Thomas 23.2
    27 Chytil 23.4
    28 Vaakanainen 23.8
    29 Lind 24.1
    30 Hague 24.9

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Draft Help

I would put Eriksson Ek somewhere in the top-10 most likely. Phil Myers somewhere in the 18-20 range. And I would consider Bjork, Wood, Dahlen in the top-30 as well but probably after the first 25 or so are gone.

The Great One

I'm not prospects whiz, but being from Massachusetts there seems to be a lot of momentum behind Bjork getting a good look on a scoring line. Of course that comes with no guarantees, but I think that should put him at or near the top half of your rankings.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I would put Eriksson Ek somewhere in the top-10 most likely. Phil Myers somewhere in the 18-20 range. And I would consider Bjork, Wood, Dahlen in the top-30 as well but probably after the first 25 or so are gone.
    Thanks! Yes figured Ek around 8-10
    Surprised Wood was ranked that high but fully agree with Dahlen and Bjork. Have a draw towards Lind as well might grab him higher then I should.
    any thoughts on Haapala??

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jeg11 View Post
    Thanks! Yes figured Ek around 8-10
    Surprised Wood was ranked that high but fully agree with Dahlen and Bjork. Have a draw towards Lind as well might grab him higher then I should.
    any thoughts on Haapala??
    I love Haapala but it remains to be seen if he can play his style against NHL competition. And as an older prospect, he won't get many opportunities if he doesn't succeed quickly. He's risky but could be great if things go perfectly.

From the list of average draft position, I would put Chytil much higher than where he is. I think he should be somewhere around #20 (this year's draftees only). I wouldn't mind taking Lind right after him.

Dobber Sports Novice

Yes I agree I won't be using that list exactly as I'm in a points only leaugue so outside the top 3-4 D most will drop to the bottom of the list

Dobber Sports Novice

Had my Draft, 7RDs, 15 teams and all 2017 NHL draftees as well as any players not currently on peoples teams were available. I had Picks 12 - 21 - 69 - 71 - 86 and 101. Here are the goods
    12- Vilardi
    21- Makar
    69 - Vaselainen
    71 - Thomas
    86 - Lind

101 - Forbot
    I feel like i did well considering the gap between round 2 - 5. I missed out on Bjork (3rd round) and Dahlin, I pushed it to far he went just before 86, should have grabbed him at 71. The Bold 5 are for my farm team i can only keep 5 and also have Fabbo, should i move Fabbo or does he slate in clearly ahead of anyone listed above. I'm worried about his time line, as well as his point production. In a Points only league

Let me know your thoughts