Thread: High HIT(will rep)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default High HIT(will rep)

10 team keep 12. Do you think Martin, Gudas, and Borowiecki will lead the league in HIT again? I know u can find this stat anywhere, but i think wirh how my team is, i shoyod be able to nail down most categories and wirry only about depth and HIT.

G, A, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, +/-
    W, SV%, GAA

My Keepers
    Stamkos eichel tavares barkov
    Marchand panarin
    Kucherov arvidsson
    Hedman letang krug ghost
    Allen Bishop lundqvist
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League

3C, 2LW, 2RW, 2W, 4D, 2G, 7BN, 1NA, 1IR, 2IR+

G, A, PPP, SOG, +/-, HIT, BLK W, SV%, GAA

C(3)
    Matthews, Tavares, Krejci
    LW(2) Stamkos, Marchand
    RW(2) Hoffman, Perron
    W(2) Rust, Arvidsson, Palat, Farabee, Bratt
    D(4) M.Rielly, Burns, Pulock, Chiarot, Dumba, Slavin
    G(2) Markstrom, Elvis, M.Smith, Rinne
    NA(1)

10 Team H2H Keeper League(keep 12)

G, A, PPP, SOG, +/-, HIT, BLK W, SV%, GAA

C(3)
    Matthews, Couture, Toews
    LW(2) Panarin, Kubalik
    RW(2) Kucherov, Atkinson
    W(2) Perron, Konecney, Killorn, Rust, Tanev, Armia, Nylander
    D(4) Jones, Letang, Muzzin, Edler
    G(2) Rask, Rittich, Jarry

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: High HIT(will rep)

It's fair to say that those 3 along with Luke Schenn, Markus Foligno & Ryan Reaves will be the guys likely to finish the year with 250+ hits.

I'm going with Reaves in a couple of leagues this year. I expect him to play like a guy who never wants to see the inside of a press box again, and Pittsburgh didn't trade a first-round pick for him to score. Also, his +/- should improve simply by virtue of happening to still be on the ice during a line change when Crosby, Malkin, etc. score.

Dobber Sports Giant

I too like Reaves, especially considering he has some potential to fill up a few other cats.
    Gudas would be my other choice.

I wouldn't dwell on it too much since a few new guys pop into this category every year; just make sure to swoop them up when you see the trend forming!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

Another guy to consider is Marcus Foligno. Last year he averaged 3.6 Hits per game and he could find his way into the Wild top nine. Also, Del Zotto had 3.4 hits per game and should see a lot more minutes now that he's with Vancouver.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Are these guys worth keeping? No. Are they worth drafting? It depends on the round, but on the whole, yes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would caution against investing in HITS players when they change teams.
    Case-in-point, Matt Martin.

Hitting seems glorious, but most of the league's bit hitters (especially forwards) take themselves out of the real NHL play with their hitting.
    Its quite "overvalued", IMO, as a stat for forwards.
    There are a lot of coaches (Babcock likely one, wouldn't surprise me to see Boudreau as another) who really will doghouse a player for taking themselves out of game flow with a big hit.
    I think this is why we saw Martin's HIT totals drop insanely last year.
    So, I'd caution against investing in Marcus Foligno or assuming Matt Martin can return to NYI-MM numbers.
    And, I'd caution that we'll see Ryan Reaves playing a less-gritty game.

On a bad team, maybe with an inferior coach - yeah, a player can find a role - even be lauded in his role - as the team's hitter.
    But high-hitting forwards, you'll usually only find them on bad teams where the organization actually offsets losses with their goonery.

Safer are investing in the defensemen, IMO. Some are just smooth at incorporating hits into how they pinch off skaters.
    So, I'd look for the Gudas, Boro, L.Schenn, Forbort types with greater consistency.
    In Hits league: Hits from your D, scoring from your F. Easy peezy.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Jake Dotchin TB- I am very high on Dotchin this season.. low salary if in cap league, should crush hits and have a nice +- on what I think will be the Atlantic Division champ.
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Are these guys worth keeping? No. Are they worth drafting? It depends on the round, but on the whole, yes.
    In this type of league Gudas becomes at very least a borderline keeper. He is absolutely elite in 3 categories.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Derek Forbort
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I would caution against investing in HITS players when they change teams.
    Case-in-point, Matt Martin.

Hitting seems glorious, but most of the league's bit hitters (especially forwards) take themselves out of the real NHL play with their hitting.
    Its quite "overvalued", IMO, as a stat for forwards.
    There are a lot of coaches (Babcock likely one, wouldn't surprise me to see Boudreau as another) who really will doghouse a player for taking themselves out of game flow with a big hit.
    I think this is why we saw Martin's HIT totals drop insanely last year.
    So, I'd caution against investing in Marcus Foligno or assuming Matt Martin can return to NYI-MM numbers.
    And, I'd caution that we'll see Ryan Reaves playing a less-gritty game.

On a bad team, maybe with an inferior coach - yeah, a player can find a role - even be lauded in his role - as the team's hitter.
    But high-hitting forwards, you'll usually only find them on bad teams where the organization actually offsets losses with their goonery.

Safer are investing in the defensemen, IMO. Some are just smooth at incorporating hits into how they pinch off skaters.
    So, I'd look for the Gudas, Boro, L.Schenn, Forbort types with greater consistency.
    In Hits league: Hits from your D, scoring from your F. Easy peezy.
    Agree with all of this. I never like taking Forwards with heavy hit totals I'll add two things.
    1. Another reason Martin's hit totals dropped was he went from NYI where everything is a hit to Toronto whose statisticians are much stingy with giving out hits.
    I have a huge crush on Gudas in multi-leagues. He can be had for cheap, puts up great PIM/HIT/Block numbers and he isn't a black hole in points- 23 is below average but amazing next to Luke Schenn's 8 and Borow's 3 points.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Martin will lead with the supporting cast you mentioned not far behind provided he maintains a full time spot on that 4th line.

Signs point to him owning that 4th line LW spot... but if the Leaf's decide to promote 1 or 2 more kids... then all bets are off.