Thread: Multi-cat Ranking

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Multi-cat Ranking

For a one-year multicast with these cats...

G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FOW, Hits and Blocks

Which players are most likely to stuff these cats this coming season?

Hischier
    Patrick
    Keller
    Dadonov
    Rantanen

And which players are strongest in what cats? ie. Is Hischier more of a playmaker than a shooter? Is Patrick more physical? Is Keller more of a goal-scorer.

I really don't know anything about these players other than their projected upside.

Cheers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Multi-cat Ranking

Of these I would go with Rantanen. He's a big body. I expected a lot of hits in his rookie season but he had only 29..
    I think that Rantanen can produce alot of hits and shots on goal. He also is a scorer and looking at his blocks from his first year(33) he has the potential to be that overall player in multi-cat leagues. Im not sure if that will happen in his sophomore season but he definitly has the potential to do it!
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Padawan

What about Hischier and Keller?
    Are they expected to be high volume shooters like Matthews and Laine?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    What about Hischier and Keller?
    Are they expected to be high volume shooters like Matthews and Laine?
    I can't give you a proper advice about Keller but Nico I see as more of a playmaker. The pluse and the minus for both players is that they are in bad teams So the should be given top 6 minutes, pp minutes(even top unit pp minutes). Nico could produce a lot of points but i don't see him helping in hits and blocks categories. SOG I dont have any idea...

But I dont think we can compare any of those players to Matthews and Laine. They are just generational talents
    Devils & Predators fan

The Great One

According to one source I dug up, Hischier had 231 SOG last year in 57 QMJHL games
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Keller & Rantanen could both squeeze onto their team's PP1 units - so they've got an edge there, IMO.
    We are hyping the crap out of Keller, but I think Rantanen's NHL team will allow him to pop this year.
    I think PHI & NJ both shelter their rookies on line 3 (the way it should be done by keen GM/coaches, unless the guy is a "generational" talent, like McDavid/Eichel/Matthews).
    Dadonov is a big unknown, but signs point to him getting that RW1 gig in FLA.

One-Year League
    Rantanen
    Keller
    Dadonov
    Hischier
    Patrick

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post

Dadonov
    Any reason to believe he's a physical player, likely to post decent hits (and PIM) stats?