Thread: How I Acquired Jack Eichel

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default How I Acquired Jack Eichel

I've been seeing alot of Eichel Threads here and there lately and reading about all the hype surrounding him, it made me realize how lucky I was to get him.

At one point last year I was so overwhelmed with injuries, having lost Subban, Benn, Letang, Little, Backes, and the list went on and on. One night, one of the other gm's came to me asking for Letang. Having repeatedly said, I would never give him up at a cheap price simply because he is injured since when hes healthy he produced as much pts if not more then 2 defense combined and actually single-handedly won me a some H2H Weeks so letting go was not gonna be easy. I also had Carey price and since I hate the Habs with a passion, rooting for them simply because I wanted the goalie win made my hockey experience a living nightmare lol so seeing as he was lacking in the defense and goalie area of his roster, I saw an opportunity to beef up my forwards. So he pitched this offer to me without me asking for anyone in particular

I was giving away
    - Letang
    - Price
    - Schenn

for his
    - Max Domi
    - Max Pacioretty(wich was traded during the off-season in a package deal for Tank)
    - and Sir Jack Eichel.

He kept on insisting that he was doing me a favor by handing eichel to me. I didn't quite believe him but, I had a move to make and I knew i could do something with his offer

All this was to actually make room for Benn to slot him in my IR and finally Get rid of Price once and for all (this was during his10ish game slump) and ultimately to relocate or allocate my assets and point production into better forwards and better bargaining chips for the futur, So my main focus on this trade was actually pointed towards patch and domi. I didn't know much about this eichel kid or what he was or might be worth. All I knew was, approximately 5 to 10 seconds after the trade was executed, I had 6 other gm's asking me in private if Eichel was available. That's when I started realising who the actual piece from that trade really was haha!

Anyways, in short what I'm trying to say is that the people that are trying to get Eichel or anyone else for that matter, don't give up and don't over do it. there's always that "specific" situation where no one is safe. U just need to cap on that before the others do it before you

Thx for reading and feel free to share similar stories

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: How I Acquired Jack Eichel

Depending on your league settings and rosters, that's a high price to pay for Eichel. If you have other solid goalies then that lessens the blow of losing price, and depending what you added to Patches to get Tank, that might make things better too, but as is, I think I prefer Price/Letang/Schenn in that deal. Eichel will be great though, so he's a solid piece to own.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: How I Acquired Jack Eichel

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Depending on your league settings and rosters, that's a high price to pay for Eichel. If you have other solid goalies then that lessens the blow of losing price, and depending what you added to Patches to get Tank, that might make things better too, but as is, I think I prefer Price/Letang/Schenn in that deal. Eichel will be great though, so he's a solid piece to own.
    I couldn't say it better than Kofax. But Eichel is a real stud, you'll enjoy him for a long time! I think he can be a perennial 40g-45a guy.
    14 Team Fantrax, G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, Hit, Blk, FO%, GWG+ShGWG, W, L, SV, SV%, SHO
    Max Total Players: 31
    Min Active Players: 0
    Max Active Players: 17
    Max Reserve Players: 4
    Max Injury Reserve Players: 3
    Max Minor League Players: 15

C- MacKinnon, Seguin (RW), Bergeron, Kuznetsov, Hayes
    LW- Gaudreau, A Lee, Domi (LW), Olofsson (RW)
    RW- P Kane, T Wilson, Dadonov (LW), M Tkachuk (LW)
    D- Hedman, Carlson, Doughty, Spurgeon, Girard

G-Vasilevskiy, Varlamov, Stalock

Farm:
    F Hallander, G Denisenko, J Kuokkanen, C Garland, S Noel, A Barre-Boulet, J Marino, C Delia, J Korenar, D Tarasov, U-P Luukkonen, A Werner, J Annunen