Thread: Viktor Antipin??

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Viktor Antipin??

Dobbers guide has him at 30 points with PP2 time.

Anyone else have any insight that might help me decide if I use a late pick on him or not in a points only league?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

Default Re: Viktor Antipin??

The best story I've seen on him, with highlights, is here:
    https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabr...in/c-289605618

Administrator

I don't have much but he didn't set the KHL on fire. I can see him on PP2 but I don't believe in him getting 30 points. I'd put him down for 20-25.

Edit: I just used an NHLe calculator which put him at 28 points in the NHL so who knows...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

heads up at fantrax leagues as they just added him to database with his first name spelled with a ''c'' instead of a ''k''

he was already in their database spelled with the ''k'' so theres 2 of them in database as of now.

hockeydb and eliteprospects has it spelled with a ''k'' fwiw

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like Antipin and I think 25-30 points is possible if he's given proper usage (PP2, ~20min TOI). My only fear is Buffalo - they have been a horrible location for Russian players and most Russians refuse to go there because of that. But there's a new GM in town now, so maybe that helps the situation.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I have little hopes for Antipin.
    Buffalo signed him in May... and as a LH defenseman, at that time, he had a chance to do something in the NHL.

But since then:
    i) BUF obtained N.Beaulieu (LH!!) on June 17. from MON, and
    ii) BUF obtained Scandella(LH!!) on June 30. from MIN, and
    iii) Brenden Guhle (LH!!!) has been impressive recently.

So - BUF has three (!!!) LH options arriving/rising that maybe they hadn't counted on in May when they signed Antipin.
    I think this is evidence enough that Buffalo DID want to improve the Left-side of their Defense... but that better options came along compared to Antipin.
    [Buffalo DID have to plan for Kulikov, LH, departing and DID NOT know - at that time - what kind of moves they were going to have available in June and July 1 FA.]

Here's the BUF projected D by dailyfaceoff - which I think, see D3 pairing, isn't accurate.
    http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/bu...e-combinations
    Not included here is RH Josh Gorges, who I think will still be sent out daily to throw himself on grenades and pair on D3 with Beaulieu.
    I just can't see BUF pushing Beaulieu(LH) to his off-side (the right) to accomodate some veteran.
    BUF also signed Matthew Lord Tennyson, on July 1, to a two-year deal, and I can see him as right-side D3 pairing.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sabres

So... you've got all these defensive additions AFTER they signed Antipin.
    I mean - that doesn't show great faith in Antipin being a solution, right?

IMO, Antipin will have to switch over to right-side and displace Gorges there, if he wants to make the team.
    (Or injury, but he's D7/D8 on my count after the Scandella, Beaulieu additions.)

I'll be surprised:
    1) if Antipin gets 40gp, and/or
    2) if Antipin scores 20+p, and/or
    3) if Antipin scores 5+ppp

I'd put his over/under at more like 11pts in 31gp as a D7/D8 type injury replacement player.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I have little hopes for Antipin.
    Buffalo signed him in May... and as a LH defenseman, at that time, he had a chance to do something in the NHL.

But since then:
    i) BUF obtained N.Beaulieu (LH!!) on June 17. from MON, and
    ii) BUF obtained Scandella(LH!!) on June 30. from MIN, and
    iii) Brenden Guhle (LH!!!) has been impressive recently.

So - BUF has three (!!!) LH options arriving/rising that maybe they hadn't counted on in May when they signed Antipin.
    I think this is evidence enough that Buffalo DID want to improve the Left-side of their Defense... but that better options came along compared to Antipin.
    [Buffalo DID have to plan for Kulikov, LH, departing and DID NOT know - at that time - what kind of moves they were going to have available in June and July 1 FA.]

Here's the BUF projected D by dailyfaceoff - which I think, see D3 pairing, isn't accurate.
    http://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/bu...e-combinations
    Not included here is RH Josh Gorges, who I think will still be sent out daily to throw himself on grenades and pair on D3 with Beaulieu.
    I just can't see BUF pushing Beaulieu(LH) to his off-side (the right) to accomodate some veteran.
    BUF also signed Matthew Lord Tennyson, on July 1, to a two-year deal, and I can see him as right-side D3 pairing.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sabres

So... you've got all these defensive additions AFTER they signed Antipin.
    I mean - that doesn't show great faith in Antipin being a solution, right?

IMO, Antipin will have to switch over to right-side and displace Gorges there, if he wants to make the team.
    (Or injury, but he's D7/D8 on my count after the Scandella, Beaulieu additions.)

I'll be surprised:
    1) if Antipin gets 40gp, and/or
    2) if Antipin scores 20+p, and/or
    3) if Antipin scores 5+ppp

I'd put his over/under at more like 11pts in 31gp as a D7/D8 type injury replacement player.
    Just one correction - Gorges is a LH as well. It definitely is crowded, and one of them will definitely be playing their off-side because Ristolainen and Bogosian are their only RHs. I think Antipin, Beaulieu and Gorges will all take turns sitting out and getting to play. And also, Bogosian hasn't been all that good, so he might sit out some games as well. By my count, they have 7 D-men, so Antipin just needs to be better than one of them to earn a spot. I don't know if he will but he is talented enough to do it. We'll see.

I think Guhle will definitely play a season in the AHL (unless injuries force their hand), and Tennyson is just a depth guy anyways. Guhle is just 20 years old and coming from junior, so a season in the AHL is only a good thing for him. The 'D' position is so difficult to play at the NHL level.