Thread: Anti Raanta/Brian Elliott/ Marc- Andre Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Anti Raanta/Brian Elliott/ Marc- Andre Fleury

Which of the three goalies would be the best choice to pick for number 3 goalie.
    Wins/Shutouts !!!!!!
    Have very slip pickings for a 3rd goalie spot and the best I can see is....

- Anti Raanta
    - Marc- Andre Fleury
    - Brian Elliott

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Anti Raanta/Brian Elliott/ Marc- Andre Fleury

That not an easy choice...here is how I break it down

Raanta: Not a great team, not a proven starter. But Domingue probably won't offer much fight.
    Fleury: A proven starter but may be on the worst team in the league. Pickard is a good goalie so its not entirely out of the question MAF loses confidence and loses starts.
    Brian Elliott: Ok goalie, ok team. Neuvirth could cause problems but hes never healthy enough to be a starter.

Hmm...I feel like I would probably go with Elliott, but I can see arguments for all three. If you do go with Elliott might not be a terrible idea to grab Neuvy later in the draft. If you really dont want to burn that extra roster spot I might be tempted to gamble on Raanta...nobody will take Domingue so the handcuff will be there if necessary but you dont need to carry him around with you all season. MAF is a good goalie but I worry his fantasy reputation is going to take a big hit when he gets shelled in Vegas. I can see him not getting a single shutout this year. I wouldnt pay for the name value.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As a 3rd tender you can stream starts. I'd do so with Elliott 1st which is likely the best team, and Raanta following. I wouldn't want to stream (pick and choose) MAF's couple/few game stealers although I suspect he will. Few and far between though. Don't want to pull my hair out.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll go Elliott then Raanta then Fleury just based on the strength of the team in front of them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I'd go Raanta because picking a Phily goalie is like playing with voodoo.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

pmorrow:
    only problem I have is I have Devan Dubnyk as my #1 goalie and Scott Darling as my #2 goalie and I'm only aloud 3 goalies in my pool.

The Magnificent One

Raanta for me - he's shown enough in the past and he's playing for a UFA deal.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Elliott.
    I really think people make too much of the fact that he's never played a 60gp season.
    I think he does it this year and I think PHI can win 50%-55%. That's 30w-32w for Elliott.
    He's way better than Neuvirth.

I mean, just look at Elliott's last 4 seasons.
    13/14: 18-6-2. 2.28gaa .922sv%
    14/15: 26-14-3. 1.96gaa .917sv%
    15/16: 23-8-6. 2.07gaa .930sv%
    16/17: 26-18-3. 2.55gaa .910sv% (and... one should consider throwing out a disastrous Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan with Calgary. Elliott iwas incredible in Feb/Mar, going 17-3-1)
    That's a truely insane win% [probably top 7 in NHL over last 4-seasons, MIN.100gp]

Also - this, Elliott, is Hextall's first big goalie signing... veteran elder goalies, they're kin. (Mason was a Holmgren credit)
    And Hakstol is a sharp enough coach to go with the better goalie.