Thread: Need to make a couple of more drops ahead of the draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need to make a couple of more drops ahead of the draft

Hi all,
    Drafting this Sunday. I managed to get my team under the cap (set at 118 million), but only just under. I have room on my farm team to make one pick at the draft, but we get 3 rounds, so I would like to use them. Trouble is that I need to drop at least one player to make this happen. Also, Ryan Ellis will go on the IR, but I can't move him until the season actually starts, so I need to promote someone from my farm. I will be moving up Montour, but doing that slightly puts me over the cap. So, in looking at my players, thinking about dropping the following:

Tobias Rieder (after looking at several sources for projections, he averages out to 36 points)
    Patrick Eaves (averages out to 40 points, and most sources say expect a drop from last season)

doing these moves will save me about 5.4 million, allowing me to move up another player along with Montour like Strome, Chabot, Vrana, White, or Sanheim.

I know Ekblad will probably never live up to his massive contract in a points only league, but I will hang on to him in the hopes of trading. Do you guys think I should drop anyone else? Does anyone know how Vecchione projects? I have to keep him on my main roster unfortunately as he doesn't qualify for our farm system so he will count against my cap (even though it is small).

Thanks for any advice.
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Need to make a couple of more drops ahead of the draft

I would much rather keep Eaves than Ekblad. Eaves has a nice contract which is the opposite of what Ekblad has.

Dobber Sports Titan

No one is trading for Ekblad's contract. I agree with Jouko.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I would much rather keep Eaves than Ekblad. Eaves has a nice contract which is the opposite of what Ekblad has.
    This is the answer
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ekblad is un-rosterable in my leauge. Salary leagues all have different parameters to work within, but if its anything like my, he has literally no value, its gone.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Newbie

If you can't trade Ekblad for a cheaper D, then the drop would open $$ and give you the option of dropping Hartnell, who I feel is the weakest (least upside) on your team. Both Reider and Eaves should produce more than Hartnell and allow to move up Montour and Strome