Thread: DJ problems...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default DJ problems...

I have Zeke, D. Murray, and Crowell as my RBs, and DJ now on IR ..

Do I try to trade him? Or stash away until he comes back?

I have Brees at QB, D. Thomas and Diggs at WR, and Reed at TE.

Roster is stacked, but wondering if it's worth to trade? I will moooost likely be in the middle of the standings but with DJ back week 10/11/12 potentially I could tear up the playoffs. Only thing I'm scared about is him not playing at all this year
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: DJ problems...

I am in the same boat... It would almsot be easier if they just ruled him out for the season. I do not have an IR spot in my league... and only 5 bench spots.... so I am struggling the same way. my team is definitely not as stacked as yours Wow!

I would always listen to offers for him... but until he is officially put on IR I would not trade him.

I compare this to some players in the NHL that come back from broken bones in record time... I am sure DJ will get the best medical help and therapy and might be back sooner than the typical 8 week IR. Not to get your hopes up, but just reducing the risk.

Besides I think other GMs will try to low-ball you in a trade and only offer junk. If you get a good offer bring it back here and we can give you more guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am in the same boat... It would almsot be easier if they just ruled him out for the season. I do not have an IR spot in my league... and only 5 bench spots.... so I am struggling the same way. my team is definitely not as stacked as yours Wow!

I would always listen to offers for him... but until he is officially put on IR I would not trade him.

I compare this to some players in the NHL that come back from broken bones in record time... I am sure DJ will get the best medical help and therapy and might be back sooner than the typical 8 week IR. Not to get your hopes up, but just reducing the risk.

Besides I think other GMs will try to low-ball you in a trade and only offer junk. If you get a good offer bring it back here and we can give you more guidance.
    It's an 8 team league which is why it looks so stacked haha- I don't like 8 teams at all, but you get what you're given.

I'm just thinking, if all of a sudden Zeke plays all year, I can afford to keep DJ on my IR spot and just hope he comes back as soon as possible. That's where I'm at right now. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to throw his name out there and see what I can potentially fetch.

Dobber Sports Expert

8 team league, I hold. If you get a slew of short term injuries you may need to rethink but DJ is worth the bench stash.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I hold as well. Number 1 pick and there should be plenty of waiver wire help throughout the year if you have more injuries.

PS. You should suggest to the commish to add 1 or 2 roster spots at least! 8 team league and no Flex? That's just my opinion because I watch and play fantasy to cheer for players....not make roster decisions haha.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I hold as well. Number 1 pick and there should be plenty of waiver wire help throughout the year if you have more injuries.

PS. You should suggest to the commish to add 1 or 2 roster spots at least! 8 team league and no Flex? That's just my opinion because I watch and play fantasy to cheer for players....not make roster decisions haha.
    We have 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, and 2 Flex spots. I tried to convince him to do a 2QB league... but lots were opposed (old men in their rigid ways). I'm the youngest and know what 2QB is all about haha.

I will hold DJ for now, unless something comes along like Hunt, Cook, Etc.. that would be fairly tempting.