Thread: Should I make any moves?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Should I make any moves?

NOT FOR LEAGUE IN SIGNATURE

We just drafted for the inaugural season of our keeper league and a lot of guys focused on getting youth and young guns whereas I did a little of both. I'm thinking of moving some of my older guys for some decent youth but at the same time I feel pretty confident with how my team looks. The points system and categories are the same as my league in the signature. 20 teams total, 12F 6D 1G can start and the lineups can be changed on a weekly basis.

Players like Tkachuk, Aho, Laine, Scheifele, Eichel, etc. are of interest to me but the way these managers value their younger players I'd be hard pressed to make a deal without losing a chunk of players.

Here is my team (Starters in Bold):

Forwards: Burakovsky, Carter, Coyle, Gallagher, Getzlaf, P. Kane, Koivu, Kunitz, Lehkonen, D. Ryan, Shipachyov, Simmonds, T. Bertuzzi, Haula, Stempniak, Sundqvist, Haapala

Defense: Carlson, C. Miller, Muzzin, Petry, Ristolainen, Theodore, Butcher, Pelech

Goalies: Talbot, C. Johnson, Korpisalo

I feel like I have a solid team that has a solid chance of winning it this year but I'm probably completely wrong. Thoughts?
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Should I make any moves?

Categories? Number of teams? Number of players at each position that start?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Categories? Number of teams? Number of players at each position that start?
    Categories are the same as the league in my signature, 20 teams in the league, 12F 6 D 1G lineup can be changed on a weekly basis.

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

The Magnificent One

You could use a D upgrade. Also, I'd look to move Koivu since you don't have FOW. He's had two seasons of points increases despite two seasons of SOG volume decreases and his OZ% cratered as last season wore on. I think this is the year the bottom falls out for him, so I'd sell now before he stinks up the joint.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You could use a D upgrade. Also, I'd look to move Koivu since you don't have FOW. He's had two seasons of points increases despite two seasons of SOG volume decreases and his OZ% cratered as last season wore on. I think this is the year the bottom falls out for him, so I'd sell now before he stinks up the joint.
    So I knew this was going to happen, I mentioned in the league chat that I was looking to upgrade my D and a trade proposal came in. This is what was offered:

I give: P. Kane, Talbot
    I get: Pietrangelo, Quick, Scherbak

Obviously, I would rather keep P. Kane and Talbot. I don't like Quick as much especially with his injury plagued season last year and Pietrangelo is fine and all but the manager also has Karlsson, Josi and Sergachev on top of Piet so I think I would want more than what he is offering.

Another manager asked what I had interest in on his team as far as D goes and the only player I like on his D line is Burns. He also has Ellis but I am staying away from him since he got hit with a major injury and I want a D that I can plug in immediately.

Minors: