Thread: Sent out two offers- thoughts?

The Great One

Default Sent out two offers- thoughts?

Offer one- feels pretty close as its been negotiated back and forth a few times but is currently:

E Lindholm/A Nylander/4th rounder
    for
    Duchene.

Price feels high considering duchenes struggles and contract situation. That being said i think he re-bounds this year and can get two years of fair to excellent value out of him before his contract is up. At that point- itll depend on where hes at production wise and the contract he signs.

Offer two- basically just said hes interested in some of the assets I floated out- much less headway here

Faksa/Kempe/3rd rounder
    for
    Zibanejad

I like Zibanejad but youre probably still likely paying for his potential at this point- but the obvious upside is there- at a reasonable cap hit. Am i dreaming here- I like Faksa and kempe a lot- and Ive actually had offers on them. they seem divisive though- especially Faksa. Ive had two offers for him but Ive also had managers say they just straight up dont want him...

Cap reprecussions?

If either deal goes through I pretty much have to demote Severson (depending what he signs for). That means ill have to start one of Miller/Lee/Ruuta/heed. Not ideal but Ive got twenty moves- if any guy starts to emerge as a 25-30 point player for under a million itd be easy to sub them in.

If both are acepted- Id need to demote Neal most likely- which isnt horrible- that would leave a solid injury replacement and/or a trade piece at the deadline assuming he bounces back like Im expecting him too.

This would upgrade my 3 C to Ziba and my 3 rw to Duchene with a (dbeatable) demotion from severson to an ELC on defense.

thoughts?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Sent out two offers- thoughts?

I don't like the first offer for you. Even if Duchene bounces back, he isn't a huge upgrade over Elias Lindholm - definitely not worth giving away a top prospect like Alex Nylander.

The second deal would be great for you but I doubt you get it done without adding a significant piece.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    E Lindholm/A Nylander/4th rounder
    for
    Duchene.
    This one is OK but... Duchene is not that awesome with these CATS. Sure he might rebound and get more than 41 points but he is never going to hit people, take penalties, shoot the puck all that much or put up special team points. Lindholm and Duchene probably aren't that far apart this season. I'd be looking for a better player for the package you are offering.

Faksa/Kempe/3rd rounder
    for
    Zibanejad
    Woof. Capital 'W'. The Zibanejad owner is not going to take your magic beans for the NYR top line C.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

@ Jouko- Ok glad to hear it- last offer was Lindholm/Nylander and a 3rd for Duchene- which I think he had basically rejected- had other players targetted i didnt want to move. I was also queasy about that- Ive targetted and managed to acquire Elias Lindholm in all 3 leagues I play in. Hes a guy i do still have a lot of faith in. I might be the minority but I still see a top line player.

@Moses- yea- I dont want to insult him-nthats happened in this league- and Im not especially familiar with how much value prospects carry in these very deep dynasty leagues so Ive sent out a few woofers- lol!

That being the case- should I maybe up the ante in the Ziba offer- is Faksa/Nylander- more palletable for Zibs?

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with Jouko in that it looks to be a bit of a tarnished asset. Colorado has done a relatively poor job of managing its assets recently with the timing of the coaching change last season being the icing on the cake. I like Lindholm alot and in a cap league ? yeah thats a no thanks for me. Then again no risk no reward right ?

I wouldn't do that especially if it involves the Nylander kid.

I think the timing on Zbad was BEFORE Stepan was moved. So I would pass on this offer as well.

the overall impression is based on

NOT competing over the short term

but banking on younger players continuing to develop like Nylander and Kempe

If you are sold on grabbing Ziban, be prepared for some frustration. Long term I think he makes the adjustment but he could come out of the gate gripping the stick way too tightly and thus adversely affecting his game. NY needs him in a big way and will give him every chance but sometimes pressure causes some to falter before finally "getting" it.

I would perhaps hold off on acquiring him and selfishly hope for Z to stumble out of the gate. Then look to pick him up at a relative "discount".
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Wizard

you should not have send the first offer, and your trading partner should not be accepting second one both bad offers imo, one if your favor the other not so much.

The Great One

Jouko nailed it.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Jouko nailed it.
    He always does- lmao! I swear if i win any of my leagues he should be getting like a 10% commission- lmao!!!

The Great One

So drumroll...

I pulled Ziba- cost was high imho- cause Im very big on Nylander and not necessarily buying into this 60 point ceiling Ive heard bandied about (he has stretches of absolute dominance on his resume)- but I digress:

My Faksa/A Nylander/3rd in 18
    Zibanejad/5th in 18

I have to get a little bit creative under the cap but nothing staggering- and get to add Ziba as essentially my 2b or 3 C. Im pretty hopeful he'll be able to live up to that dollar amount as early as this year and if he can the term is money in the bank. I liked both assets I moved- but I think this move helps win now without mortgaging the future in a lopsided way...

Dobber Sports Wizard

So drumroll...

I pulled Ziba- cost was high imho- cause Im very big on Nylander and not necessarily buying into this 60 point ceiling Ive heard bandied about (he has stretches of absolute dominance on his resume)- but I digress:

My Faksa/A Nylander/3rd in 18
    Zibanejad/5th in 18

I have to get a little bit creative under the cap but nothing staggering- and get to add Ziba as essentially my 2b or 3 C. Im pretty hopeful he'll be able to live up to that dollar amount as early as this year and if he can the term is money in the bank. I liked both assets I moved- but I think this move helps win now without mortgaging the future in a lopsided way...
    That's fair price, nothing wrong with that deal if you can add the salary.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That's fair price, nothing wrong with that deal if you can add the salary.
    *sigh of relief*

Yea I can manage it- Ive got to get a little creative but it can be managed. Im hampered cause I have Severson as my 5th d-man and Im not sure what his salary will be

Plan A

Just add Zibs in pull out Jussi Jokinen and wait til training camp to see if one of Lee, Ruuta, Miller, or Heed- has a decent shot at a roster spot and towards being halfway productive.

Plan B-

If Severson comes in in or under 4 millionish I can probably drop Perron instead of Jussi.

In either case this spells essentially my last move unless theres salary going back- Im officially "up against it"

The Great One

I know it's a little late to chime in along these lines, but not only did Lindholm score at a 66 point pace over the last 45 games of the season, also a mere FIVE of his 34 assists were secondary assists. That means he was really dialed into scoring and has room to luck into eve more points. He's definitely a guy to get now, not to trade away.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I know it's a little late to chime in along these lines, but not only did Lindholm score at a 66 point pace over the last 45 games of the season, also a mere FIVE of his 34 assists were secondary assists. That means he was really dialed into scoring and has room to luck into eve more points. He's definitely a guy to get now, not to trade away.
    Wow- thats bananas- I didnt even know that- jebus...

All good though I pulled the other offer in time- Ive actually got him in all 3 leagues Im in - hes a personal favorite. Definitel did not realize he was that dominant to end the season...

Dobber Sports Stud

I wasn't going to mention Lindholm's improvement because I am trying to acquire him in another league.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.