2017/18 Season

300 Forwards
    150 Defence
    31 Goalies (based on wins)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: StuntMan's Fantasy Hockey Preview

nice list! i like your predictions
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Awesome job Stuntman. Think I'll use those projections in my one year fun league and see what happens.
    How are things in Williams Lake, 100 Mile House. We have family friends who are fire fighters in Sugar Lake.
    They are exhausted.
    Cheers
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Awesome job Stuntman. Think I'll use those projections in my one year fun league and see what happens.
    How are things in Williams Lake, 100 Mile House. We have family friends who are fire fighters in Sugar Lake.
    They are exhausted.
    Cheers
    everything near WL is under control thank goodness. big fire outside of 100 mile but dont think the city is in danger right now. cant wait for the fantasy drafts to start!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nice list! Maybe an oversight when combing through it noticed only 1 Dman with atleast 10 points for Vegas (Theodore with 15pts). Somebody will have to put up points on the back end no matter what the skill level.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    Nice list! Maybe an oversight when combing through it noticed only 1 Dman with atleast 10 points for Vegas (Theodore with 15pts). Somebody will have to put up points on the back end no matter what the skill level.

great point. theodore will have a great opportunity this season. thanks for pointing that out!

after seasons end i want to analyze the statistics and see how close i really was. last year i made a list but i only did point projections and not goal/assist ect. Also last year I over projected on youth, such as Dylan Larkin i had in the 60 pt range which there was no basis on that, just thinking along the lines of 'he's young and had a solid season, that means he will double that up with a better season" which isn't always the case. But I noticed for the most part in the last 2 drafts ive done (points $25 and $50) that most of the picks were along the lines of my list which was pretty cool.

Dobber Sports Monster

Put a lot of hours into making a personal list and enjoyed every minute of it!! I started making a list and doing more player research after getting 2nd place in a $50 (1) year league during the 15/16 season and wanted to do everything possible to get my first (1st place) finish ...... and ended up having my most successful year ever, got (2) 2nd place finishes - one of them being a 2nd place finish in the SAME league I finished 2nd last season lol .. a 3rd place finish and a 1st place in a playoff box pool (300+ entries), top 10 finish in a 400+ entry regular season box pool.

Spent a total of $480 on entry fees and cashed for a total of $1800. Am hoping you all have similar returns on your hockey pool investments this upcoming season!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Really appreciate your work Stuntman, particularly given the trying circumstances under which it was created.
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    Really appreciate your work Stuntman, particularly given the trying circumstances under which it was created.
    nothing can put fantasy hockey to the way side ... lol

gotta be 100% ready for the drafts coming up!

The Great One

Oooh- exciting!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    great point. theodore will have a great opportunity this season. thanks for pointing that out!

after seasons end i want to analyze the statistics and see how close i really was. last year i made a list but i only did point projections and not goal/assist ect. Also last year I over projected on youth, such as Dylan Larkin i had in the 60 pt range which there was no basis on that, just thinking along the lines of 'he's young and had a solid season, that means he will double that up with a better season" which isn't always the case. But I noticed for the most part in the last 2 drafts ive done (points $25 and $50) that most of the picks were along the lines of my list which was pretty cool.
    On that, a very minor note that Colin Miller is still listed as a Bruin @ 14 pts- he may be due for a bump with Vegas
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    On that, a very minor note that Colin Miller is still listed as a Bruin @ 14 pts- he may be due for a bump with Vegas
    ah, lol ... always that one player I forget to change their team. thanks

made a couple corrections - joel edmunson and shea theodore, dont know why i had him so low to begin with. but i wont be editing it during the season, want to see how close i get

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks! This is good. Looks solid.
    I do not think Marchard puts up more points then Matthews though.

Dobber Sports Monster

been making a couple updates on projections with the recent injuries to some players. I will be updating it until about a week before the season starts (more or less until my drafts will be done)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Awesome work Stuntman.

Curious, are you goalie rankings wins only or are they using some other formula incorporating GAA/SV% etc?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR