Thread: Where to target?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Where to target?

I've identified F. Andersen and Darling as some good value goalie picks I will be going after this draft. Where would you target these guys in the draft in a 10-team league? How early is too early to draft these guys?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Where to target?

Andersen I would peg around 75-80, and Darling in the 110-120 range.

That being said, depending on the league setup it could be much earlier or later.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In my 10 team league draft this year Andersen went 32. Darling 45. Then hype is huge on Darling lately so id likely pass on him

Dobber Sports Deity

The flow of your draft will determine this, not us on the forums.

If goalies are sliding you can wait on them but if there's an early run on goalies I'd grab both as early as possible.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The flow of your draft will determine this, not us on the forums.

If goalies are sliding you can wait on them but if there's an early run on goalies I'd grab both as early as possible.
    I understand what you're saying, but I would like to stay ahead of the curve. Hearing where other people rank these guys is helpful to get a gauge so I can start the run on goalies, rather missing out.
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Master

In my 20 team keeper league, where most teams keep at least one goalie, the back up tenders tend to start to go in the second round of picks, ie after pick #20.

Each league is different though, so keep a close watch on when the top ten are gone, and the second tier goalies start to get drafted.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

Can you provide some m ore detail about the limited keeper... What goalies are being kept, what are the limitations on who you can keep and how many keepers do you get? It would be nice to know what's in the draft pool to help you here. Your sig suggests a long look at goal scorers and goalies that can rack up shutouts while seeing a nice supply of rubber.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    Can you provide some m ore detail about the limited keeper... What goalies are being kept, what are the limitations on who you can keep and how many keepers do you get? It would be nice to know what's in the draft pool to help you here. Your sig suggests a long look at goal scorers and goalies that can rack up shutouts while seeing a nice supply of rubber.
    We keep 7 players, so 70 players are off the table. The only goalies being kept are Holtby, Price, Murray and Talbot. So there's still lots of option. I am not keeping any goalies.

Dobber Sports Ace

Same as my league... kind of surprised more goalies aren't kept, but that means you can go skater 1st and hope you can snag a top ten G for your second pick, then I wouldn't worry about the 3rd goalie for a few rounds... I see Andersen as a goalie that in your league might end up being a team's #1, so you might not have to worry about these two names. If by chance you land either as your 3rd goalie, you are golden in nets!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)