Thread: I need more info on Andrei Svechnilov, please...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default I need more info on Andrei Svechnilov, please...

Hi everyone,
    Everything that I have found regarding Andrei Svechnikov is positives, but I need more...

What can you tell me about him. Upside, how does he compare to Hischier, Nolan and other prospect?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: I need more info on Andrei Svechnilov, please...

Svechnikov would have gone first in this draft.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Svechnikov would have gone first in this draft.
    Easily. Much better upside based on what we've seen so far.

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree he would have gone 1st overall in this draft but its hard to say just how much better he will be compared to the big two from this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for all the answer!

If Dobber, in his guide, give an upside of 85 and 3 years of 73 to Hischier and an upside of 80 and 3 years of 68 to Nolan, what do you think Andrei Svechnilok could have.

I know that there is only one Dobber but I need advise from other expert like you :-)

Thanks in advance

I would assume Svech will be given similar numbers a Hischier. It's unlikely we're going to see enough for him to change that and those are standard "first forward taken" projections. What would change is the confidence interval

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Still learning View Post
    Thanks for all the answer!

If Dobber, in his guide, give an upside of 85 and 3 years of 73 to Hischier and an upside of 80 and 3 years of 68 to Nolan, what do you think Andrei Svechnilok could have.

I know that there is only one Dobber but I need advise from other expert like you :-)

Thanks in advance
    First of all, I think those numbers are too high for both Hischier and Patrick but if we use them as a starting point, I would imagine Svechnikov gets something like 95 point upside and 77 point 3YP. But as said, all those numbers are a bit too high for my liking considering how few people score even 80 points these days.

I'm curious - why are you so interested in Svechnikov right now?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    First of all, I think those numbers are too high for both Hischier and Patrick but if we use them as a starting point, I would imagine Svechnikov gets something like 95 point upside and 77 point 3YP. But as said, all those numbers are a bit too high for my liking considering how few people score even 80 points these days.

I'm curious - why are you so interested in Svechnikov right now?
    Hi Jouko-Pouko,
    first, he is in the farm club of a competitor and he might be willing to echange him because he wants to win this year.

Second, thank for the evaluation of the upside and the 3 years. With your numbers, will you say that he could be compare to Matthews, Laine or Marner?

Really appreciate your comment.

Man. I would never play in a league where players can be owned prior to being drafted in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Still learning View Post
    Hi Jouko-Pouko,
    first, he is in the farm club of a competitor and he might be willing to echange him because he wants to win this year.

Second, thank for the evaluation of the upside and the 3 years. With your numbers, will you say that he could be compare to Matthews, Laine or Marner?

Really appreciate your comment.
    Some people have unrealistic expectations for Matthews and Laine based on their amazing rookie seasons but I do think he's close to that group of players when it comes to upside as I think those guys will settle in that 75-80 point range for most of their career. Tarasenko might be the best comparable right now. Of course things could change and he could have a horrible age-17 season, so don't overpay to get him right now.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Man. I would never play in a league where players can be owned prior to being drafted in the NHL.
    Agree

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh yeah, never play in a league where you can own guys before they are drafted. That being said, I think he could be like Tank where he develops into a franchise winger.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Definitely far from a scout's eye, but I live in Barrie and so get the opportunity to check him out from time to time. Went to a pre-season game last Thursday and was watching him closely and was very impressed. He is very solid on his skates and an extremely silky skater with hands to match. He throws his weight around as well - managed to throw a big check, had someone flip out and 'defend' his teammate then Svech manages to stay on his skates and give this kid a few solid shots to the face before he goes down. Good ol' junior hockey! NHL ready shot as well - he will score many goals the Tank comparison is a good one IMO. I was told he buried the winner Saturday night as well (missed that game), no surprise there.

Looking forward to checking him out more this year!