Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 102

Thread: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

  1. #61
    Location
    Chicago
    Rep Power
    37

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Man, are you two still going at it LOL!
    This is longer than any internet squabble I have ever gotten into. I thought eyesmissgilmore was done with this thread a couple hours ago.
    12 Team, 50 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- Krejci, Little, Thornton, Galyenchuk, Hanzal, Coyle
    RW- Simmonds, Stone, Vorachek, Toffoli, Wilson, Abelkader, Pomminville
    LW- Tatar, Neal, Johansson, Roussel, Sharp
    D- Burns, Ristolainen, Giordano, Barrie, Leddy, Niskanen, Hamonic, Demers
    G- Talbot, Andersen, Lundqvist, Schneider

    Farm- Demko, Shestorkin, Soderstrom, McAvoy, Heiskanen, Fox, Erikson EK, CWhite, LBrown, Valimaki, Bear, CJones, Tufte

  2. #62
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Demi-God

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    This must be the most coverage the CFL has ever rec'd here.



    Moving on
    If this was about the CFL, I'd agree with you. I think we've long forgotten that this thread was even about football. LOL!


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Steen, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, Fabbri, Shattenkirk, KPalmieri, KConnor, BNelson, Konecny, Bjorkstrand, Ladd

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but don’t stare.. Unless you’re wearing sunglasses."

  3. #63
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,721
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    The Magnificent One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Those are the rules to determine if someone goes to prison. So your standard for forming an opinion on someone is whether or not the American legal system convicts them? Those are not the rules I go by in forming my opinion.
    You can form an opinion but your opinion means jack shit.

    I'll form my opinion after the facts are laid out and proven or disproven. Because at the end of the day that's all you have to form a smart opinion on.

    Why are you forming a negative opinion of a guy who is still innocent and hasn't been convicted yet (as far as I know he isn't convicted....right?)

    Do you know more than the investigators? Why are you even rushing to form an opinion? We all probably know very little of the actual story.

    Call me old school but innocent until proven guilty is how I operate. I'll give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

    It's gonna be pretty hard to prove he knew about this.

    Which I'll repeat. If you are a victim how the hell don't you go to the police and video tape or audio record these conversations. Or some victim allegedly went to the judicial officer who knew about previous rape allegations on the same guy and still nothing was done? So why isn't that person getting media blasted as well?

    It's crazy. It boggles my mind how people don't video tape these conversations. Its 2017!!

  4. #64
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,721
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    The Magnificent One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Here's a question.

    If your a coach and you hear from one of the school judicial officers that one of your players is being accused of rape what would you do? I'm assuming you would have a sit down with him and tell him about the accusations and if he denies it and says it was consensual. What do you do?

    Me? I'd probably report it to police for sure but I would assume the school judicial officers would too.

    If it happened again. Id report it to officials again. Id have another sit down with him and ask more about the details and try to see if he's bullshitting you. Id report it to police again and express my concerns. This would all be video taped by the way.

    At what point do you drop him from the team because of accusations and rumours?

  5. #65
    Location
    Chicago
    Rep Power
    37

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    You can form an opinion but your opinion means jack shit.

    I'll form my opinion after the facts are laid out and proven or disproven. Because at the end of the day that's all you have to form a smart opinion on.

    Why are you forming a negative opinion of a guy who is still innocent and hasn't been convicted yet (as far as I know he isn't convicted....right?)

    Do you know more than the investigators? Why are you even rushing to form an opinion? We all probably know very little of the actual story.

    Call me old school but innocent until proven guilty is how I operate. I'll give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

    It's gonna be pretty hard to prove he knew about this.

    Which I'll repeat. If you are a victim how the hell don't you go to the police and video tape or audio record these conversations. Or some victim allegedly went to the judicial officer who knew about previous rape allegations on the same guy and still nothing was done? So why isn't that person getting media blasted as well?

    It's crazy. It boggles my mind how people don't video tape these conversations. Its 2017!!
    Whatever you do, I hope you are a not decision-maker of any consequence. And you are really clueless about rape victims. What I bolded is just pure ignorance.

    Some of you guys should really stay quiet about this topic.
    12 Team, 50 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- Krejci, Little, Thornton, Galyenchuk, Hanzal, Coyle
    RW- Simmonds, Stone, Vorachek, Toffoli, Wilson, Abelkader, Pomminville
    LW- Tatar, Neal, Johansson, Roussel, Sharp
    D- Burns, Ristolainen, Giordano, Barrie, Leddy, Niskanen, Hamonic, Demers
    G- Talbot, Andersen, Lundqvist, Schneider

    Farm- Demko, Shestorkin, Soderstrom, McAvoy, Heiskanen, Fox, Erikson EK, CWhite, LBrown, Valimaki, Bear, CJones, Tufte

  6. #66
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Personally, the biggest mistake the Ti-Cats could have done was announce his hiring the day they had some women's abuse seminar. I read that in an article yesterday and couldn't help but laugh because clearly management didn't know that was going on that day, so are they really committed to the cause?
    10Team, H2H, 7Keepers
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P, 3BN, 2DL
    C: Grandal
    1B: Rizzo
    2B: DJ LeMahieau
    3B: Donaldson
    SS: Difo (2B,SS)
    CI: Thames (1B, OF)
    MI: Jose Ramirez (3B, MI, OF)
    OF(4): Bellinger (1B,OF), Judge, Conforto, Polanco,
    Util: Carpenter (1B, 2B, 3B)
    BN:Schwarber (C,OF)
    SP(5): Darvish, Arrieta, Archer, Tanaka, Lester, Stroman, Hamels
    RP (2): Chapman, Hwan Oh, Doolittle, Madson
    P(2): "From Above"
    DL: Correa, Melancon (RP)

  7. #67
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    This thread makes me really really sad for how shitty some humans are.

    Never would have expected there's this many rape and abuse apologists on the forum.
    12 Team H2H Keeper, Keep 17, Keepers,
    Roster: 4C, 3RW, 3LW, 5D, 2U, 3B, 3IR, 4G (Start 2)
    Stats: G(3), A(2), +/-, PIM(0.5), PPP(2), SHP(3), GWG(2), SOG (0.1), HITS(0.1), BLKS(0.2), W(3), OTL (1), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3)

    C: Crosby, Seguin (C/RW), Barkov, Granlund (C/LW/RW), Backlund
    LW: Benn, Drouin (LW/RW), Skinner, Ehlers, Sheary
    RW: Kucherov, Voracek, Laine (RW/LW), Radulov (RW/LW), Puljujarvi
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Josi, Werenski, Giordano, Hamilton
    G: Schneider, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Andersen
    IR:

  8. #68
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    I could (have) post link after link after link after link of podcast, articles, etc. over how terrible of a person this man is. Shockingly, something that is near impossible to prove in court hasn't been proven in court. Evidence has already been provided he's done absolutely terrible things on the same level as Joe Paterno. It requires a lack of even basic logic and intellegence to truly believe a head football coach at a large football school doesn't know EVERYTHING happening with his staff and players. As I said earlier, for anyone actually defending this guy or saying innocent until proven guilty in court, I hope you're extremely naive to the level of the youngest child possible, because if it's not that, you're something far far far far worse.
    12 Team H2H Keeper, Keep 17, Keepers,
    Roster: 4C, 3RW, 3LW, 5D, 2U, 3B, 3IR, 4G (Start 2)
    Stats: G(3), A(2), +/-, PIM(0.5), PPP(2), SHP(3), GWG(2), SOG (0.1), HITS(0.1), BLKS(0.2), W(3), OTL (1), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3)

    C: Crosby, Seguin (C/RW), Barkov, Granlund (C/LW/RW), Backlund
    LW: Benn, Drouin (LW/RW), Skinner, Ehlers, Sheary
    RW: Kucherov, Voracek, Laine (RW/LW), Radulov (RW/LW), Puljujarvi
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Josi, Werenski, Giordano, Hamilton
    G: Schneider, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Andersen
    IR:

  9. #69
    Location
    Calgary
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    I'm shocked at the appalling arrogance in here. The media forms a lynch mob over this guy and some people take it all in like sheep... they refuse to think for themselves.
    That's the real sadness in all this. Sheep.

    I guess I shouldn't be shocked at all - a certain poster has always hidden within semantics, using constant misdirection, propping up straw man after straw man, and then flat out LYING about other posters calling them "rape defenders" when they've done no such thing. It's all about trying to bait them. And then, the whole time, claiming that a person accused (in the left wing media, with zero actual proof) of being silent over someone else's crime is worse than someone CHARGED with a criminal offence which kills thousands of people every single day.
    It is absolutely mind boggling.

    It's very standard SJW crap though... scream to the sky about "our right to free speech, but DON'T YOU DARE HAVE AN OPINION DIFFERENT FROM OURS!"

    By the way, for those new to the thread, there is no real evidence... the references he makes are opinion pieces in newspapers. That's not evidence, but some people are too caught up in sheep mentality to understand that.
    Left slanted hysterical garbage isn't evidence at all.

    I haven't looked, but I would wager these are the same kind of posters who wanted Patrick Kane suspended and kicked out of the NHL. Right after the rape allegations.
    Reasonable people, like me, said you cannot convict and punish someone based on an accusation alone. And we were called some horrible names then too. Posters made up crap about us, just like rataylor has done in this thread.
    Not of it true, of course.
    But if you write something enough times, as the old saying goes... it will eventually come true, right rataylor ? Clever, clever.

  10. #70
    Location
    Calgary
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Whatever you do, I hope you are a not decision-maker of any consequence. And you are really clueless about rape victims. What I bolded is just pure ignorance.

    What was ignorant about the line you bolded ?
    I was taught in elementary school that I have to go to the police if I'm the victim of a crime.

  11. #71
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    "left-wing media"

    You're an appalling, embarrassing human.

    I don't give a shit if you have a different opinion, I do care if you defend rapists and the people that cover it up.

    Rape is not a political issue. The "left-wing media" of ESPN and motherf***ing Sports Illustrated are not biased, the are providing facts, that you despicably and embarrassingly are turning a blind eye towards. Not "opinions". Facts. Not "left wing slant", facts.

    On Patrick Kane, I said wait for the evidence. On Art Briles, the evidence HAS ALREADY BEEN PROVIDED.

    You're quite clearly the one who refuses to think for himself. The one who embarrassingly, laughably thinks that over 50 counts of rape and domestic abuse can happen at a large football school, by players recruited by the head football coach, and the head football coach WOULDN'T know about it. Man you are a scared little lamb. One person in this thread is a sheep. One.

    No. No. I'm quite confident in my stance that you are a person of terrible character, and I actually have the balls to say it directly to you eyemissgilmour, instead of hiding behind some "someone" bullshit. At least grow some of those famous "right wing balls" none of you actually possess.
    12 Team H2H Keeper, Keep 17, Keepers,
    Roster: 4C, 3RW, 3LW, 5D, 2U, 3B, 3IR, 4G (Start 2)
    Stats: G(3), A(2), +/-, PIM(0.5), PPP(2), SHP(3), GWG(2), SOG (0.1), HITS(0.1), BLKS(0.2), W(3), OTL (1), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3)

    C: Crosby, Seguin (C/RW), Barkov, Granlund (C/LW/RW), Backlund
    LW: Benn, Drouin (LW/RW), Skinner, Ehlers, Sheary
    RW: Kucherov, Voracek, Laine (RW/LW), Radulov (RW/LW), Puljujarvi
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Josi, Werenski, Giordano, Hamilton
    G: Schneider, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Andersen
    IR:

  12. #72
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    It's all good though. We know what you right wing freaks do when you get scared. You post videos of yourself crying for us all to laugh. And laugh we do. When things get tough, the people standing up for what's right get stronger, and the people standing up for "the old boys club" where rape and abuse were expected and fine, shrink and cry.
    12 Team H2H Keeper, Keep 17, Keepers,
    Roster: 4C, 3RW, 3LW, 5D, 2U, 3B, 3IR, 4G (Start 2)
    Stats: G(3), A(2), +/-, PIM(0.5), PPP(2), SHP(3), GWG(2), SOG (0.1), HITS(0.1), BLKS(0.2), W(3), OTL (1), GA(-1), SV(0.2), SO(3)

    C: Crosby, Seguin (C/RW), Barkov, Granlund (C/LW/RW), Backlund
    LW: Benn, Drouin (LW/RW), Skinner, Ehlers, Sheary
    RW: Kucherov, Voracek, Laine (RW/LW), Radulov (RW/LW), Puljujarvi
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Josi, Werenski, Giordano, Hamilton
    G: Schneider, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Andersen
    IR:

  13. #73
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Monster

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    10Team, H2H, 7Keepers
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 4OF, Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P, 3BN, 2DL
    C: Grandal
    1B: Rizzo
    2B: DJ LeMahieau
    3B: Donaldson
    SS: Difo (2B,SS)
    CI: Thames (1B, OF)
    MI: Jose Ramirez (3B, MI, OF)
    OF(4): Bellinger (1B,OF), Judge, Conforto, Polanco,
    Util: Carpenter (1B, 2B, 3B)
    BN:Schwarber (C,OF)
    SP(5): Darvish, Arrieta, Archer, Tanaka, Lester, Stroman, Hamels
    RP (2): Chapman, Hwan Oh, Doolittle, Madson
    P(2): "From Above"
    DL: Correa, Melancon (RP)

  14. #74
    Location
    Calgary
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    Emotional outbursts (and more lies) aside, Rataylor again ignores the facts...

    >No victims have come forward blaming Art Briles.
    >Nobody from Baylor is on record as saying that Briles knew what was going on.
    >One rumored incident, that Briles allegedly heard about 9 months after the fact from a 3rd party... Briles said "if there was any wrongdoing, she needs to go to the police and the players need to be prosecuted"
    >Jasmin Hernandez reported her assault to HER coach, not Briles.
    >Hernandez' coach is on record saying that Briles handled the situation "honorably and with the serious attention it deserved."
    >Hernandez' coach went on to say that Briles followed up later regarding this matter but was told that the victim did not want to report the assault.
    >Briles never spoke to the victim.


    Think for yourself people.
    Ask yourself why nobody at Baylor has blamed Briles. Quite the contrary... anything coming from that school speaks glowingly about Art Briles.

    Don't let Rataylor's unhinged emotions cloud your judgment.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It's all good though. We know what you right wing freaks do when you get scared. You post videos of yourself crying for us all to laugh. And laugh we do. When things get tough, the people standing up for what's right get stronger, and the people standing up for "the old boys club" where rape and abuse were expected and fine, shrink and cry.
    People like you are the reason Trump got elected, btw.
    Just sayin.

  15. #75
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No.

    "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?"

    Bunch of doodie heads.

    Has this thread not run its course yet?

    It was pretty much over when I read "Ticats Hire Art Briles. CFL steps in and says No."

    5 pages later nothing but name calling and personal character bashing.

    I guess it's getting those participants post counts up!

    Team:
    2xC - Tavares, Matthews, Getzlaf, Bozak
    2xL - Hall (LW), Laine (Ekkk he's only listed as a RW in Yahoo right now), Skinner, Kreider, Maroon, Lucic
    2xR - Kucherov, Marner (RW)
    4xD - Karlsson, OEL, Josi, Yandle DeAngelo, Phaneuf, Sekera
    2xG - Crawford, Jones, Reimer, Dell
    2xUtil - Getzlaf, Skinner
    12 Team Keeper league with Yahoo

    Roster (14 Kept Players): 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G,2Util (Can keep a 3rd G with Util)
    SEASON SCORING: 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,1U,2G
    (Weighted Category Points: see below).

    Skaters -
    (Points: G a/o A) 6
    (+/-) 3
    (PIM) 1
    (PPP) 5
    (GWG) 5

    Goaltenders
    Wins 5
    Goals against -9
    Saves 1
    Shutout 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •